Search

3 to a room?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 to a room?

I am traveling to Beijing in March with 2 other people and we are hoping to all stay in one room. Most hotel websites seem to offer either a king bed or 2 single beds. Are the single beds really twin beds? Does anyone know of any nice, centrally located hotels which may have double beds instead of singles? The Peninsula website shows a photo of a room with 2 double beds, but that does not seem to be an option in their room choices...can anyone help me out? Thanks!
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 04:29 AM

Most hotels around the world will be pleased to provide a rollaway bed so that each of you can have your own. Of course, that rarely appears in photos. Just ask the hotel what they do.
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 08:34 AM

As we are three in our family, I'm finding it strange that the large hotels don't offer two double beds. It's either one king plus a rollaway or two twins! I don't understand why they cannot offer two doubles as they do in other hotels worldwide.

Now the next question: how comfortable (or not) are the rollaway beds? We've had rollaway beds for our son before and they were terrible.
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 07:24 PM

My husband and I and 2 kids stayed in 1 room at the Penninsula and I'm pretty sure we had 2 double beds.
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 11:44 PM

We are also 3 adults wishing to stay in the same room.

Do you think hotels in Hong Kong, China or Macau will charge extra for rollaway bed? Or will they allowed 3 adults to stay in a double room without it?

Anyone can help us out or have similiar experience?

Old Feb 8th, 2006, 11:55 PM

Most hotels charge a small fee for a rollaway, it is often listed on a website. As a very general rule, unless specfically indicated, room rates quoted are based on 2 people occupying a room, if you have more, you need to disclose it, there may be an extra charge. If you have only one person occupying, there is usually a differerent charge.

I agree that the quality of rollaways is somewhat akin to that of sofabeds, not too comfortable and not too much back support. I would hope that the better the hotel the better the rollaway but I don't know that this always holds true.

If you want or need two double beds in a room, write/fax/call each hotel you are interested in and ask if this is available. So do have a limited number of rooms with this feature.

The feature of numerous rooms with two double beds really found primarily in US hotel rooms. It is not common in Asia or in Europe, in Europe the rooms are too small for it. You can sometimes find them in Asia, but it is not that usual. The photo of the Penn may be taken at such an angle that they look like doubles. I have stayed there, and the twin beds are large, they are like what I call full size twins, so they might look like doubles in a picture taken from floor height.