Reload this Page >

21 days: China, Vietnam, Malaysia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 02:03 PM
Dave

Heading to Asia in Mid June for approx 21 days. Would like to start in Bejing(Great Wall, Forbidden City) then head to Xian(terra cotta soldiers) then on to Yangtze river. Can this be done reasonably in 8 days? Will then head to Vietnam for about 8 days. Where should one start? Hanoi or Saigon? Will end in Malaysia for about 6 days.

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 02:30 PM
Andrea

You can absolutely do your China itinerary in 8 days, assuming that you use air travel and take the 3 day Yangtze cruise instead of the 5 day. <BR> <BR>You will only need one night in Xian. We arrived mid-morning, spent the rest of the day exploring the muslim area & rest of the city, then went straight to the warriors the next day & left in the evening.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 08:49 PM
dave

Wanted to alter my plans and get some additional advice. If traveling to China(9-10days) then on to Hanoi to Saigon, Vietnam(7-8days) and then finally end up in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia which is the better time to travel in terms of weather and rain: June or early October?

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 06:49 AM
pat

In the subject of rain participitation, it is better in June than early Oxt, because in October there are more chances to get monsoon in SE asia. <BR> <BR>I'd recommend you to add Hue and Danang in your Vietnam itienery. <BR> <BR>Welcome to asia.

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 07:31 AM
Sandy

Hi Dave, <BR> <BR>I went to Vietnam/Cambodia last July (yes, it was very hot but it's hot here in Texas, too). I went to Hanoi, Hue, Hoi An, Danang, Saigon . . . I absolutely loved Hanoi, it's old and crumbling and French and charming . . . Saigon was a big, modern, bustling city (like any other big city), had much less charm. Hue was pretty and had some interesting sites but was pretty much destroyed in the war and has been/is being rebuilt. Don't miss Hoi An, it's very interesting (and very small). <BR> <BR>We loved Vietnam, hope you do too. <BR>Sandy

Old May 4th, 2001, 06:57 PM
Dave

Thanks to all for your advice...unfortunately we have decided to delay our trip...most of it do to the airplane incident.....but will plan for future. <BR> So my question is, if we delay, when is the best time to go to China, Vietnam, and Malaysia? I have heard March is a great time to see China.