Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

2 Gongs for Arryatha - suggestions please

Aug 17th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Original Poster

Both rhkkmk and Tangata have voted against Arryatha. Id appreciated suggestions for an alternative 1/2 day after arriving at the airport at 6.30am.
thanks in advance - all suggestions welcome!!
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:27 AM

go to the pool at your hotel and relax and have a nice lunch...wander around a bit in the PM, have a nice dinner and go to bed early....old foggie, that i am
Aug 17th, 2004, 11:26 AM

I know you think that the rooms won't be ready at your hotel but I have never had to wait for my room even when I arrive early in the morning. There are a lot of early morning flights out of Bangkok so people check out early and if you're staying at a deluxe hotel they have enough staff to redo the rooms immediately -- at least that has always been true at the Oriental and I strongly suspect is true of the other deluxe hotels.

So I'd check in, unpack, take a shower, maybe get something to eat and take a klong ride, maybe stopping at Wat Arun. Then do as was suggested by rhkkmk (is that Bob?) and have a nice dinner and go to bed around 9PM
Aug 17th, 2004, 11:28 AM

Also if you're going soon, this is still low season so I'm sure there are plenty of rooms. Just let them know that you will be arriving at the hotel by around 8AM and would greatly appreciate it if your room could be ready. I am 95% sure it will not be a problem.
Aug 17th, 2004, 11:33 AM

I absolutely agree. I can't think of any touring I would want to do after an overnight flight.