15 days in ARUNACHAL, bellissimi .....

Old Mar 26th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

15 days in ARUNACHAL, bellissimi .....

We spent 15 wonderful days in Arunachal. So many mountains, so simple and peaceful people, so many ways of life different from ours, and (for us) difficult to understand.
Do not expect anymore Tribes who wear traditional dress in everyday life, is not so.
But the villages in the mountains have remained as they were probably hundreds of years ago, the only differences are the cell phones (many) and satellite dishes for satellite TV (a few).
Life is very simple. In Arunachal villages they live for what “it is” and not for what “they have”, as is done by us.
The houses are open to visitors, people are always willing to talk about how they live and what are the customs and traditions of various tribes.
A Tawang and Ziro and we suffered much from the cold. The roads are terrible and usually do not expect hot water in hotels or rest houses.
Try to attend some of the tribe or religious festival, we had the good fortune to spend a couple of days in Tawang during the LOSSAR, the Buddhist New Year.
Our trip was organized and managed by the agency Aborcountrytravels of Itanagar. Oken Tayeng is a true professional, our guide and our driver Katu and Kasu have been for us more than the real experts, actually .... true friends with whom we have shared days full of great and small things. Of course, even from an economic standpoint a local agency has been able to avoid excessive costs.
In conclusion: it was a very nice experience and we recommend it to those who want a different type of tourism and brings back home many thoughts and reflections.
Ciao, TACHI DELEK.
Gianni Paltrinieri (Milan, Italy)
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 12:02 PM

Thanks for telling us a bit about your trip, Gianni.
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Original Poster

In my previous post I have forgotten to insert a short summary of our itinerary in Arunachal:
Day 01 Guwahati - Itanagar
Day 02 Ziro
Day 03 Ziro
Day 04 Daporijo
Day 05 Along
Day 06 Yingkiong
Day 07 Damroh/Pasighat
Day 08 Itanagar
Day 09 Bomdila
Day 10 Tawang
Day 11 Tawang (LOSSAR)
Day 12 Tawang
Day 13 Dirang
Day 14 Dirang
Day 15 Singchung
Day 16 back to Guwahati

Ciao,
Gianni P.
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 02:13 AM

Thanks Gianni P and Ciao, sharing about the your tour/trip. after read your trip detail i really like to go and visit ARUNCHAL but i like to go Manipur and Nagaland as well. bye the way have you been Nagaland and Manipur if you been would you say some things about that Area .
thanks
Tashi Delek
Dil
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Original Poster

Ciao Dil.
It's only a matter of time (...and money!).
At the beginning we planned to visit Nagaland too but the trip should last (at least) 5 / 6 days more. We preferred to avoid it and spend 1 week at Andaman Islands (Port Blaie & Havelock). On top of this, Oken Tayeng, our travel Agent, suggested us to visit Tawang valley instead of visit Nagalan ... I think (after being there) that he was right.

Ciao, in any case I hope that Tripura, Mizoran & Manipur could be the destination of a future trip!
Gianni P.