12 Hours in Seoul

Search

12 Hours in Seoul

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 Hours in Seoul

In late October, DH and I will be returning from a trip to Vietnam and will have a 12 hour lay-over in Seoul (6:30 a.m. arrival, departure around 6:00 p.m.) We haven't researched Seoul at all -- Vietnam has taken all our time! -- can anyone suggest something or is it even advisable to try to do this? From Seoul we have a long flight to the US and don't really want to spend all this time hanging around the airport. Any suggestions? We did something similar one time with a lay-over in Copenhagen. There was an easy train into the city, we strolled the central area, had lunch and returned with no problems. We aren't looking for anything too ambitious. Thanks for any suggestions!
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 09:21 AM

seoul is quite a ways....we had 25 hours there recently and we just checked into the hyatt which is a 2 minute free bus ride from the airport....

why not go over there and hang around for a while, maybe have a swim and a good meal and then head back to the airport..

fabulous indoor pool
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 11:24 AM

Bookmarking. We'll be doing this in spring.
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 01:30 PM

Have you checked out the ‘transit tours’ available at ICN?

Here is the website:
http://www.freedomtour.co.kr/

They offer several round trip tours from the airport based on how much time you have to spend.

I have a long layover coming up next week & was considering the DMZ tour. (Although a relaxing dip in the Hyatt's pool sounds very tempting!)

Hope this is helpful & have a great trip!
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You could also check with the very helpful Korean Tourist Board. Their main site is here: http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/index.kto and the US office will respond to emails. I'm pretty sure one of the brochures they sent me was about short trips from the airport.