Reload this Page >

What does "bulkhead" mean??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 06:31 PM
Phyllis

I was wondering what you guys mean you refer to the bulkhead areas of the plane? I don't fly very often, and I was wondering what that is.

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:34 AM
Vic

It's just any seat that faces a wall. Often you get more leg room, and you don't have anyone reclining his seat into your face.

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 05:43 AM
dick

I agree that you don't have anyone reclining in front of you but I disagree that you have more leg room. In my experience, on primarily AA planes, the MD80, 737, 757, 767 have less leg room (to stretch foward) in coach and domestic first/business on 3 class service than do other seats. The 777 is a mixed choice with row 20 bulkhead having less leg room and row 28/29 being a center bulkhead and aisle being exit row has about 5 feet of leg room.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Steve Mueller

<BR>A common problem with bulkhead seats is that there is no place to put your carry-on luggage. There is no seat in front of you to put anything under, and often the bulkhead seats are the last to board, since they are at the front of economy class, and most of the overhead bins are full. Despite all of that, many people prefer bulkhead seats.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Sarah

Actually, on American Airlines flights of late, the bulkhead rows have been boarding immediately after first class. This is a nice touch, since they don't have under the seat storage and must use the overhead bins.