Upgraded; will it stick?

Search

Upgraded; will it stick?

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgraded; will it stick?

I bought a premium economy at a good price (1300usd) RT SFO to LHR on Delta, flying on Virgin Atlantic metal. Usually I hold out for biz but the flight is direct and I didn't have the miles on Delta. I did check Virgin website and am not able to buy upgrade due to restrictions at that fare.

I got an email a few weeks ago from Delta that I was upgraded to Upper Class on the flight, though Virgin lists flight as PE and doesn't show seats and I am still listed "sky priority" on Delta website with 20H as the seat (PE).

Flight is 34 days away and Delta shows "a change to itinerary" allowing me to change/cancel without penalty.

Any thoughts on whether they are likely to bump me back to PE? There were plenty of seats on Virgin Upper Class last I checked. Sure I can just wait and see but it will affect my packing (and my outlook on the trip) so am wondering the probabilities.
Old May 6th, 2017, 05:18 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Why not just phone Virgin Atlantic (as the operating, not the ticketing carrier) and ask them to find your reservation and confirm your seat assignment? They're not going to penalize you just for asking.
Old May 6th, 2017, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Gardyloo; after spending 3 hours on hold with AF (then getting cut off) on a separate inquiry yesterday I was hoping to avoid another round, but I may end up with that.
Old May 12th, 2017, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

Phone conversations and emails with Delta, VS, Orbitz, and still not clear. Guess I will know when I get my boarding pass!
Old May 13th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Original Poster

I don't get it, really, but In case anyone else has a similar situation --

Orbitz confirms Delta has me listed as First and VS has me in seat 20h, PE; VS is operating the flight.

Cabin: First (A)
10h 35m duration
Seat: 20H | Confirm or change seats with the airline*

They list me in PE (k) coming back.