Search

Type of aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Type of aircraft

How do I find the type of aircraft used in a particular flight?
How do I find it they have business/first of just first?...?
Looking at SAN to JFK and BOS to SAN non-stop.

Thank you.
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 02:57 PM

You can find that information on the airline's website. Put in you planned dates of travel. The page will show all the available flights and the type of aircraft for that particular flight. You can then go to the seating chart for that type of plane to find the class of service.

FYI - on most domestic flights there are only two classes of service, "Coach" and either First or Business Class (some airlines call it Business Class and some call it First Class - depending on your airline there's usually not much of a distinction between the designation "First Class" vs. "Business Class" on domestic flights. You'll usually find 3 classes of service only on some international flights.
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 03:42 PM

Domestically all airlines call the front cabin 'First Class'. Some airlines and many of the short regional flights have only one class. Southwest is a good example. AFAIK, there is no 'Business/First' on domestic flights. Not that it makes that much difference. Same seats in most cases, just different name. For example, AA will call the front cabin on a 757 "First Class' on a JFK-MIA flight, but then it will change the name to 'Business Class' when the plane continues on to a foreign destination.

There are still few 3 class flights left in US. Most are on a cross country flights, JFK-LAX or SFO. AA uses a 3 class 767-200. On those flights you actually have First, Business and Economy. Better seat in First, access to first class lounges at the airport, etc, etc.
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 04:36 PM

<b>yk</b> has explained to you about AA's situation on your other thread.

AA's one SAN-JFK non-stop is being flown on a 767-300. The front cabin will be sold us "First Class" as explained by <b>AAFrequentFlyer</b>; but the seats are international business class seats, which are lie-flat sleeper with 60" pitch.

AA's one SAN-BOS non-stop is being flown on a domestic-figured 757-200. The front cabin has domestic first class seats that are NOT lie-flat, with a 39" pitch.

The only other non-stop SAN-BOS option is Jetblue, which only has one class - coach - on their Airbus 320. However, their regular coach has more legroom than other airlines, and you can pay a little more for some rows with even more legroom.

For SAN-JFK, the other options are Jetblue, again; and Delta. Delta uses 737-800, which has domestic first class with 38" pitch.

Continental uses various 737 versions for SAN-EWR. Like Delta, they are domestic first class configuration with 38" pitch.

In short, basically, the best front cabin seat you can get for a SAN-New York/Boston non-stop is the one on AA's SAN-JFK non-stop AA160/127. All the other flights on AA/CO/DL are similar. Jetblue has no first class.
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Original Poster

I went online and there are only a few seats for that date and flight marked available in first class.....now I am wondering. Is there a chance that some of those not available are held back for ff???...I had better call right away?...do I have a chance?...just waiting on a response from my one of my kids as to the date...