Turkish Airlines: When must I pay?

Old Apr 1st, 2012, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turkish Airlines: When must I pay?

I booked flights from Dublin to Tel Aviv via Istanbul when I saw a promotion was on, and that I would be able to pay later. I get paid in a week and I thought I'd go for it to get the promotion. With perhaps a bit too much thought along the lines of "sure, it'll be fine", I booked it.

Now, apparently I booked it "By Office" meaning I've to collect the ticket from a Turkish Airlines Sales Office. The option never came up in booking though so I'm assuming its either a stipulation of "Buy Now, Pay Later", or a stipulation of booking a promotional ticket.

When the reservation was completed, a little box told me that my latest pickup time is in just 3 days.

Now, I wouldn't give someone a ticket before they'd paid. Will Turkish Airlines? I don't want to pay for the tickets before I actually get paid later in the week.

Do people know what the story is with the "Pay Later" option and collecting tickets by office?
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 08:57 AM

Am pretty sure they are going to want to be paid at the time that they ticket the reservation. I googled it and found the following which pretty much confirms that. I also saw something about a "Pay&Fly" option where that can be used to pay for (and ticket, I think) a TBO reservation.

This is from a Turkish Airlines webpage:

2. Can I book online on anadolujet.com and purchase my ticket later from the ticket sales offices?

There are other TK webpages that discus TBO and Pay&Fly, but this is the one quoted above:
http://www.anadolujet.com/aj-en/help...servation.aspx
You may choose “Ticket By Office” (TBO) as the delivery option and book online in order to purchase your ticket later on from THY Sales Offices
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 09:00 AM

I posted the link reference in the middle of the quote, which should read:

2. Can I book online on anadolujet.com and purchase my ticket later from the ticket sales offices?

You may choose “Ticket By Office” (TBO) as the delivery option and book online in order to purchase your ticket later on from THY Sales Offices.