Frankfurt connection

Search

Frankfurt connection

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankfurt connection

Looking at a flight on Luftunsia from Venice with a connection in Franfurt to an Air Canada flight to Calgary. The connection time is 1 hour and 35 minutes. Is this enough time? Would be have to go throught security and passport control?
Old Nov 16th, 2014, 12:13 PM

Yes; maybe; yes
Old Nov 17th, 2014, 07:11 AM

Maybe, who knows, perhaps.

You are asking a question that no one can give you a guaranteed answer to.
Old Nov 17th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

I was hoping that someone who had done this connection would respond and give me their opinion.
Old Nov 17th, 2014, 05:47 PM

Personally, I've always tried to give myself at least 2 hours in FRA for a connection. I don't like running through airports, and FRA is a very big one! My connection would typically be flying Zurich to FRA (on LH or LX) and then on to ORD on UA. All of these airlines are in Star Alliance, but they can still be a very long walk, gate-to-gate! I do recall taking a shuttle train between terminals and also showing my passport.
Old Nov 18th, 2014, 07:55 AM

What good is an opinion travelplanner2? If you get 10 saying, 'yeah go for it' and 10 saying, 'I wouldn't risk it', how does it help you?

There is no right answer to your question. The right answer is it all depends on all the relevant factors that apply on the day you fly. No one can give you a better answer than that.

Assuming the flight from Venice leaves on time and arrives in Frankfurt on time, what terminal/gate does it arrive at? Since that flight is within the Schengen zone, I doubt you will go through customs/immigration in Venice. Have you asked Lufthansa if you will? Do you have to change terminals in FRA from a domestic flight terminal to an international flight terminal? If so, how far apart are they and how long will it take you to get from one to the other? If you then have to go through customs/immigration in Frankfurt for the Air Canada flight, do you have to pick up your baggage from the Venice flight and re-check it for the Air Canada flight?

All these factors apply and other than will the flight be on time, can be specifically answered by Lufthansa and Air Canada. Which would be better, some opinions here or the facts from the airlines?

One 'wrong' answer by the airlines to any of the above will tell you that the connection time is too short. If you get all the 'right' answers by the airlines then it still leaves, 'will the flight depart/arrive on time' which no one can answer.

So that would get you to the question of how risk adverse are you and what are the consequences if you miss the connection? Those are factors only YOU can assess and no amount of opinions can help with that.
Old Nov 20th, 2014, 06:23 PM

I had that exact amount of connecting time flying from Newark to Frankfurt connecting to Florence and made it. It was early am and we actually had to wait for the flight. I did not stop and grab a pretzel. I did have only carry on.