Sun Country Airlines

Jan 1st, 2008, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Sun Country Airlines

Has anyone heard of Sun Country airlines. I just got an email from travelocity about them with an amazing airfare between Florida and New York? Is it some kind of small charter airline? Feedback, please!
Jan 1st, 2008, 12:48 PM
P_M

I flew Sun Country to Mexico once. It is indeed a no-frills charter airline but no problems to report.
Jan 1st, 2008, 05:54 PM

It is a low cost Minnesota Airline that is in essence run like a charter. They have many daily and weekly flights with the focus on trips to the south. We have flown them to Cancun, Acapulco, and Fort Myers and have been satisfied with the service. One caveat: they do not always have staff at the arriving/departing foreign airports - they contract for services - so sometimes it is a little difficult to get information. Last year we were delayed four hours coming home from Acapulco due to a snowstorm in Minneapolis, but we had to use cell phones to call Minneapolis to find out what was happening.

All in all our experience has been quite good and the issues are out-weighed by the low cost.
Jan 2nd, 2008, 07:07 AM

Our relatives in MSP fly them occasionally and think they're fine. Just don't expect much (probably true with any airline these days). One thing to note is they usually have only 1 or 2 flights a day to many destinations, so if there are any delays your wait until the next flight can be very long.
Aug 14th, 2008, 11:59 AM

I flew them once a few years ago from LAX to Hawaii. No frills, but I got there and back in one piece.
Aug 14th, 2008, 11:43 PM

I flew last July with them from MSP to Seattle (return trip)-good price, good service and you even get food on boar dfor free even though it was hamburgers