storing luggage

Jan 30th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Original Poster

storing luggage

I will have a 6 hour layover at BWI this summer on my way to Europe. I want to store my luggage while I go to Baltimore Harbor for the day. The airport tells me they have no storage lockers. Any suggestions?
Jan 30th, 2010, 12:25 PM

Why wouldn't you just check your bags all the way through? Unless you are talking about storing your carry-on luggage, which is a different thing.
Jan 31st, 2010, 02:36 AM
Original Poster

can't check luggage with the airline until 6pm.
Jan 31st, 2010, 08:55 AM

"Why wouldn't you just check your bags all the way through?"

"can't check luggage with the airline until 6pm."

Doug means checking your bags all the way through from your initial departure airport to your final destination. When you check in at your first airport, they can tag the bags for your final destination and you won't see them at BWI. You wouldn't see them again til you land in Europe.
Feb 1st, 2010, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

i am flying a different airline to BWI.southwest air to BWI and british air to europe. thanks for trying to help, i appreciate your time.
Feb 1st, 2010, 05:59 PM

Many lines have interline baggage agreements. I don't know about Southwest and BA, but you really should check to see if you can check your bags all the way through. It may very well be possible. The fact that you're flying two different airlines doesn't necessarily mean you can't check your bags through to the final destination.
Feb 1st, 2010, 06:28 PM

I don't think WN (Southwest) interlines.
Feb 2nd, 2010, 02:54 AM

Southwest absolutely does not interline luggage, so you will need to collect your luggage at BWI.

I would be shocked if there is any luggage storage at BWI, meaning that your only options are likely to be getting a day room at an airport hotel or renting a car and leaving the luggage in the trunk.