Question about ZRH to FRA

Nov 1st, 2007, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

Question about ZRH to FRA

I've done this flight before but don't remember where I checked in. I'm flying on Lufthansa (code share flight with UA) from ZRH to FRA and from FRA I fly UA nonstop to ORD.

Question: Do I check in with UA or with Lufthansa in ZRH? What do you think? I'd prefer to check in with UA...

Thanks for any help.

Carol
Nov 1st, 2007, 05:59 AM

You'll be checking in with the operating carrier. Which is LH.
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks rkkwan. I knew someone would be able to answer my question. That's probably what I did the last time, but I guess I didn't make that note in my journal. This year I'll try to write myself a note about it... lol.

Carol
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:29 PM

Any particular reason you would prefer checking in with UA?

You'll be able to use the Star Gold boarding line at the LH counter. And show your Premier Exec card to enter the Lufthansa Senator Lounge (or generic Star Gold lounge).
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:27 AM

Since both airlines should have Swissport as their agent to handle check-in, I was wondering what difference in QoS or else might exist..
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:24 AM
Original Poster

Mrwunrfl...
Thanks for that tip! I guess I forgot that my star alliance gold card was also good at the LH counter as well. Why didn't I think of that... lol... I've used it at Swissair, why not LH. I'll have to look for that star alliance lounge you mentioned as well, although I'm thinking I might not have much time for lounging. I love the shops at ZRH airport!
Carol
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:37 AM

Good, that's what I thought. Your other *G benefits also apply, like the allowance of a third checked bag.

Definitely take your card with you to show it if you do have time to visit the lounges at ZRH and/or FRA.

At MUC, there were two lounges side by side and I showed my Red Carpet Club card and then my *G/1K card. The *G card apparently outranked the RCC card as it allowed me to enter the "better" of the two lounges (good food and drinks!). The attendant definitely wanted to see the card.
Nov 4th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

... and I've made GOOD use of the three bag option in the past!! I won't go into details but let's just say the shopping was good, in Germany and Switzerland, a couple of years ago.

Glad to hear the LH honors the Gold star alliance card in such a nice way.

Carol