Reload this Page >

Please help me decide which airlines to fly with to Amsterdam from Montreal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Zoe

<BR> <BR>These airlines have almost the same air fares around US$550.00 from YUL (Montreal-Dorval)to AMS for April flights<BR>British Airways (via London-Heathrow)<BR>Air Canada (via London-Heathrow)<BR>Air France (via Paris-CDG)<BR><BR>What is your experience with any of these airlines?<BR>Which one would you use again?<BR>Which one you weren't crazy about?<BR>Why?<BR>This is our first flight to Europe and I hope you will be able to help us.<BR>Thanks<BR>Zoe, Steve and Bradley<BR><BR> <BR>

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Some airlines may be better than others on the margins, but coach is still going to be coach. Which has the best connections? Your VERY best choice is a direct flight to AMS because it is far superior to changing planes in Paris or London. I believe you can do that on KLM. If it isn't too much of a premium, it's certainly worth something to make your trip less time-consuming. You also eliminate two flights from the r/t itinerary and the associated chances for delays, etc. that go along with them.

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Zoe

Well, Jim. It is almost US $600.00 difference. Would you pay $1080.00 and fly directly or would you pay 556.00 with a stop in Paris or London? For two of us it means saving of almost US $1200.00

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 06:32 AM
AA

Zoe, I can't comment on Air Canada, but between the other 2 I would most definately go with BA. Better service and no attitude by the FAs.<BR>If you want more answers, go to flyertalk.com, as it's a forum for frequent fliers of just about any major airline. The people that post and/or answer questions there are frequent fliers with millions of miles posted to their FF accounts, so they are very knowledgable.<BR>Good Luck and have a great flight!

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 08:53 AM
Gregory

Hi,<BR><BR>I agree with AA. Given the price difference compared with the non stop I would fly with BA ( you would probalby get better service). In additon Montreal flights arrive at the same terminal that Amsterdam flights leave from (Terminal 4 at LHR). If you flew Air Canda via LHR you would probably end up on bmi British midland ( Star Alliance) for LHR-AMS and you would have to Transfer from T3 to T1.<BR><BR>Regards<BR>Gregory

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Jim Rosenberg

No, I wouldn't pay that kind of apremium -- no more than $150/per person for someone like me and only THAT much because the miles via KLM are doubled and very useful to me. Without that consideration, the prices would need to be even closer.

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Zoe

Thank you Jim, AA and Gregory. It looks that BA should be our choice