Orlando to LAX or SFO

Search

Orlando to LAX or SFO

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2005, 08:04 AM
africa_lover

Orlando to LAX or SFO

Hi,

I live in Belgium and wanted to know what airlines offer the best connections from Orlando to LAX or SFO.
And where can I book the cheapest tickets for this route (might only be a one way ticket)?

Old Nov 30th, 2005, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
United (UA) and Delta (DL) have non-stop Orlando (MCO) to SFO. UA, DL and American (AA) have non-stops MCO-LAX.

On these "major" airlines, one-way tickets usually cost more than roundtrip, so just buy a roundtrip and throw away the return.

As for cheapest options, you may need to make a connection somewhere. Either on a "major" or a Low Cost Carrier (LCC) like AirTran or Southwest. These let you buy one-way, so they may be cheaper.

Just do a search on one of the major booking sites like Expedia, Travelocity, or Orbitz. They'll list all airlines except Southwest (WN), which you need to search seperately on www.southwest.com. After you find out the flight you want, go to that airline's own website to book to avoid extra service fees.

Old Nov 30th, 2005, 11:44 AM

Southwest charges 1/2 of round trip for one-way ticket. Probably JetBlue.
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 01:22 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Many major airlines in the US have gone to affordable one-way fares due to competition from the Southwests and JetBlues.

American offers a one-way fare from MCO to LAX (for an arbitrary date in February - don't know when you're flying) for US$122 all in. Good deal.
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 01:30 PM

It's true that many majors now only charge half the roundtrip rate, but only on selective routes where they compete with Southwest, Jetblue or AirTran.

But defintiely check into that. If one can get MCO-LAX for $122 on AA, that's definitely preferred over a one-stop on Southwest or AirTran.
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 09:02 PM
africa_lover

What I really need, is a good rate for the flights BRU - MCO, MCO - SFO, SFO - BRU.
Now I have been searching the AA website and found a rate of 683.40 $ (including taxes).
Amazing!
The only catch is that BRU-MCO makes a stop in JFK at 10.05 and leaves at LGA at 13.29.
With immigrations and everything, isn't that a pretty tight connection?

Old Nov 30th, 2005, 09:10 PM

That's tight, but doable. Just get a taxi from JFK. It's not that far. You'll have your boarding pass for the LGA-MCO leg already, so you don't need to be at LGA too early before the flight.

And, are you flying on a Sat? Because I think the ~13:30 flight only operates on Sat (at least for now), and if you miss it, there's another one at around 14:40 they can put you on.

For that price, I'd go ahead and book it.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 05:53 PM

I say that's cutting it close. You may never know with traffic on the Van Wyke and also with delays.
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 07:56 AM
africa_lover

thanks

i've changed itineraries and now have booked on Continental BRU-EWR-SFO (stopover for 1 night in Newark to visit friends)
Return flight : 470 euro
not bad either I think