? on Connection Time in Houston

Feb 26th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

? on Connection Time in Houston

I have 1 hour and 20 minutes to go through customs and get on my connecting flight. Is this enought time. TIA.
Feb 26th, 2004, 07:45 AM

It depends on the time of day, and whether you're connecting to CO's domestic flight. If it's CO, it should be doable, but tight in the late afternoon. A lot of people who asks this question is flying from AMS - if that's the case for you, then the answer is "don't worry". That flight arrives later than most, and customs/immigration is clear by that time.

If you're arriving in the afternoon and miss the connection, there should still be later flights on CO to most destinations.
Feb 27th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Original Poster

I just looked at our times and we only have 1 hour and 7 minutes. Yes, we are flying Continental the late afternoon flight. I won't sweat it if they can put me on another flight.
Feb 27th, 2004, 07:55 AM

On what dates are you transiting through IAH? And which flights are you on specifically?

I'll be coming back from CDG on 3/9, arriving at 4:30pm. If you haven't made the trip yet, I'll take note exactly how long it takes me and report back.

BTW, from your screen name, I assume you're American, right? Aliens may take longer through immigration.
Feb 27th, 2004, 10:49 AM

While not an overly generous time allowance, you should be OK if everything goes smoothly. CO has things set up nicely, they will re-check your bag right on the other side of customs and have a designated aisle for folks with short connecting time. If you are checking bags, when you check in you might tell the agent that you have such a short connction in Houston and ask if they would tag your bag for priority handling. This is done routinely for Elite FFers and gets your bag off the plane sooner.