NW/KLM FF Miles to Europe

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all,let me say that I am VERY HAPPY that I was able to get FF miles from Alaska Airlines from Seattle-Amsterdam,Madrid (Amsterdam) Seattle. (Of course I did make this reservation 331 days in advance, so I guess it was good planning...and information from this website...that helped)...

BUT
Originally the reservation from Madrid to Amsterdam was at 6:25 a.m. (all that was available at that time) Called back the next day and was able to get a later flight out of Madrid...(12:55 p.m.), but then was told the flight came out unavailable...

However, when I checked my e-mail, the 12:55 flight showed up...

(which made me very happy)

later checked my e-mail, and yet another confirmation showe up with the 6:25 a.m. flight. Called Alaska Airlines and they said the 12:55 flight was a mistake...but I have it in my e-mail and it would be much better for us...

what do you think I should/can do?

Thanks for any and all help!
Old Jul 12th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 02:35 AM

It sounds to me like they're telling you that the 12:55 p.m. flight was not available at the time you booked and that the e-mail referring to it was a mistake (which it seems that they caught on their own). It also sounds like you did, indeed, book the 6:25 a.m. flight. When you received the e-mail referring to 12:55 p.m., you were pleasantly surprised (temporarily) at seeming to benefit from either an error or thinking you might have caught a break. Ultimately, this turned out not to be the case and you ended up with what you had agreed to.

If a more desirable schedule should become available, then you would want to know what is involved in making a change and whether that would involve a charge.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 04:47 AM

What WE think has little meaning in this case. You have to sort it out with Alaska Air. Having an email saying you have a 12:55 flight has really no standing, in my opinion.

For example, if I book a flight and give myself seat 35A, print out the confirmation, then switch the seat to 35C. Having an email or computer printout that has 35A will not give me that seat if it's been already assigned to somebody else.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I can see where you're right...was just wishful thinking on my part that someone might see an angle I didn't see. Yes, I could either pay the extra to change the time later...and I am very happy I was able to get these flights at all.