Search

Midwest Air

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15th, 2003, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Midwest Air

Here's how an airline gets a loyal customer: I was in the taxi on my way to Washington National airport, thinking I'd have lots of time to kill, as I was getting there more than an hour ahead of time. I then glanced again at my e-ticket, and realized that what I'd been reading as my time of departure was actually my time of arrival--my flight was in fact due to leave in 20 mins, and I was 10 minutes away from the airport. I called the airline on my cell phone to explain my own stupidity and to ask them when was the latest I could check in, and they naturally told me I was cutting it thin but give it a try. Well, thanks to a fast cab driver, I was there 15 minutes ahead, ran up to the gate. They asked me if I was, well, who I am, and they handed me my boarding pass and helped me through security (I'm the one who aLWAYS gets the extra search, but not this time). I made the flight, they closed the door behind me, and we took off in time. This was my own idiocy, but the customer service people did a little extra to help me out. If the comfortable seats and no-good-for-my-diet warm cookies weren't enough, this cemented my preference for this upstart airline.
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 12:00 PM

Congratulation, crys. It takes a lot to admit your own mistake. It is always better to admit your own mistake than blaming others.
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 04:02 PM

Good story and Midwest has always been stellar in the area of customer service, consistently earning very high marks for customer service.
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Abi

It ia always encouraging to here something positve about an airline experience.
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 07:33 AM
mjz

crys - sounds as if you had a great experience with midwest. my experience with them yesterday was not so good. i sat in nyc's lga for 8 hours yesterday waiting for my flight to depart due to mechanical problems. the gate agents did a poor job of keeping the passengers informed. in fact, i suggested politely that they might want to consider giving updates every hour. this seemed to baffle them. after 4 hours, we did get a $10 meal vochure and a $75 vochure to be used on a future flight. this was a result of several passengers requesting some form of compensation, not the airlines own initiative.

overall, i've always been pleased with midwest and i will fly them again in the future. however, the gate agents at lga could use some customer service training. i'm just glad to be home as lga is not the best airport for a long delay. oh well, i've experienced worse in the past and it's enevitable that it will happen in the future as frequently as i fly.

happy holidays!
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 01:37 PM

We had cab trouble in NY a number of years ago, and ran up to the Midwest counter knowing we were later than we should have been. The counter agent said, "Don't worry; you're with us now, and we'll take care of you." And they did.

I can't disagree with their slogan, "The best care in the air"
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 06:01 AM

I've always heard about Midwest's excellent service, but after my daughter's experience, I'm beginning to wonder. She was on a direct flight early morning, from Milwaukee to LAX, traveling with a small child, therefore checked her suitcase. She arrived at LAX, but the suitcase didn't. When she reported the fact to Midwest, was told "we never lose baggage". Three days later, my daughter still hadn't received her suitcase. Customer Service doesn't sound too efficient. I could understand baggage not making a connecting flight, but on a uncrowded direct flight? Hopefully, Midwest will make some kind of restitution for her inconvenience, besides covering the cost of the lost items.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 07:52 PM

midwest air...very nice airline...especially when the lunch and wine was for free. but i understand times are changing and i least those wonderful chocolate chip cookies are still for free..still a very nice airline with good customer service and a nice seating. I flew from Orlando to Milwaukee..very smooth flight and because i always carry my bag with me I never have problems.....Is nice to smell when they bake the cookies on the plane,very pleasant and the crew looks very profesional...
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 12:09 PM

This is a follow-up to my previous message about my daughter's experience with Midwest Air. It is now more than a week and Midwest still has not located her suitcase. We never had this problem with Northwest.
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 01:49 PM

american air cancellled my flight from mke to dalllas they put us on midwest i will always fly midwest if i get a choice great service friendly and hot cookies and very goood coffee very clean plan vs american air with dirty planes no service and now no pillows and few blankets
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 08:26 PM

I hope your daughter's suitcase is found, but I don't think the fact it's missing is necessarily the airline's fault. For example, it's possible it was stolen.