MCO is giving vaccines today in terminal B

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2021, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Im sure they are in A also. The sign says everyone welcome. There were 30-40 or so in the screening line and about that many more in the vaxxed area where they are waiting their 15 minutes. You have a choice of J& J or pfizer.
Old Jul 1st, 2021, 02:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's good. Get people wherever they happen to be. Of course, anyone who gets a Pfizer jab will have to seek out their second dose in 21 days, but that's a lot easier these days than it was a few months ago.
Old Jul 1st, 2021, 04:42 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Question? What prevents me from going and getting a J&J in a couple of months as a booster? I had mine in Feb.
Old Jul 1st, 2021, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't think they have given the directive for a 2nd J&J yet, but they are talking about it for the Delta variant. To get any shot, you have to show ID and they are entering data when you go through the screening so I assume it might show previous shots.

Seeing all those people at the airport yesterday was a bit scary to think so many flying without being vaxxed.
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 05:34 PM

Individual states have vaccine registries that show every vaccination, COVID or otherwise, you've ever received in that state. I doubt that the immunizers at MCO have access to that information if you don't live in Florida. I'm all in favor of grabbing people where they are, but that's an issue with a pop-up clinic in a destination like this.
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 06:15 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
When we were given the shots we preregistered through work and they had our names at the DOH. I would imagine a pop-up clinic is just putting shots in arms and gathering info on the day.
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 06:53 PM

But who is "DOH"? Your state? Your city? In either case, a pop-up clinic at an airport in Florida has no access to that information, unless you live in Florida. There is no nationwide database of people who've been vaccinated. In theory, you could do what you asked about, Macross, at a pop-up clinic in another state. I'd wait until we're given guidance about boosters. I want to do what's best.