Search

Maxjet experience

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maxjet experience

I just flew with Maxjet round trip from JFK to London Stansted (June 22 and July 2). I was extrememly impressed with the value and overall quality of the airline. The plane is entirely business class and our tickets were purchased for $700USD/person. There was a problem with the scheduling and when they learned that we were inconvienced they refunded the price of one of the tickets, so the fare was really $1400 split 3 ways! Maxjet has a lounge at both JFK and Stansted. Both were very nice and comfortable and they offered free beverages and snacks. Once we were on board the flight from JFK to Stansted the flight attendants were amazing. The only time I have ever seen such great service is when I flew KLM from Madrid to Amsterdam. JFK apparently has major scheduling problems and there are typically 30 to 40 planes waiting for take off at a time. And although we had to wait 2 hours before we could take off (meaning we were in the plan for 3 hours before it took off) it was a very pleasant experience since the crew really took care of us. (Please read about my experience with Continental as well). The flight itself was very nice. The food is fairly average, but the service really makes up for anything that was lacking with the food. The inflight entertainment was good. Each passenger receives a digiplayer with lots of choice of movies, tv shows, music, etc. The seating is very roomy and comfortable. Stansted staff upon arrival was very nice and catching the Stansted Express into the city was very easy. The flight back was pretty good as well. Unfortunately the flight attendants weren't quite as nice as the other flight, but there were not really bad, just a little more abrupt. However, all of our needs were taken care of. Many of the digiplayers were not working and the attendants took care of it very promptly. I highly recommend flying Maxjet for this route from JFK to Stansted. I hope they stay in business as I definitely plan to use them again.
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 02:24 PM

I assume you mean $700.00 each way, right? How are the seats configured? 2-2-2 or 2-3-2?
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Original Poster

No, the price was $700 round trip, but actually less for us since we were refunded the price of one ticket. They were running a special at that time, but I get offers by email all the time for similar deals. The seats are set up in 2-2-2 configuration.
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 06:31 PM

Very excellent flight report. Thankyou.
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 03:44 AM

Wow, that's an amazing price for roundtrip. How do you get on their email list?
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 04:27 AM
Original Poster

I believe I am on the mailing list because I purchased a ticket with them. Basically, they have 2 flights from the US to London; one from JFK and one from Dulles. Typically the cost of this is $1499 JFK-STN roundtrip and $1750 Dulles/STN roundtrip.

Currently they are running a special for $1199 roundtrip for both routes if you book book between: June 12, 2006 and July 14, 2006 and travel between: September 15, 2006 and November 10, 2006. You just book on maxjet.com and use Promo Code: FALL06.

I am not sure if they will ever offer the same price that we got, it may have been an introductory deal, but I still think they will run specials like the one I just mentioned.

I do highly recommend them not just for the service, but also I really liked flying into Stansted. The airport is very small and uncrowded and the staff is very friendly. It is very easy to get into the city from the airport. I was just blown away by the entire value. I will definitely fly with them again even at the full price.

I really hope they are successful!

Old Jul 5th, 2006, 10:24 AM

Could you compare the cabin to another business class? For example what is the recline of the seats - flat/ almost flat etc. I check Seat Guru and they are not listed
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 10:41 AM

MAXjet's seats recline 160 degrees.

Official site: maxjet.com/ourSeats.do

Photo on airliners.net: www.airliners.net/open.file/0956064/L/
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Wombat7: As far as comparisons to other business class cabins I would say that MAXjet might rate equal to or slightly lower in overall quality. One issue being the age of the plane. It does show a bit and I think passengers that ride in business class habitually would perhaps be a bit dissapointed. I typically ride in economy other than the occasional upgrade, so for me it was quite nice.

And do note that I didn't rave about the food. This could really matter to some people. I'd say for me this was the only other downside, but it wasn't so bad. The only good airplane food I've ever had was KLM Madrid to Amsterdam. MAXjet did have a decent wine selection.

I thought the seats were very comfortable even though they did not recline entirely flat. I really cannot sleep on planes in any conditions so this did not really matter so much to me. I just need a place to relax and pass the time. It was nice to have a foot rest because when my legs dangle for a while like that my knees start to hurt and the foot rest really helped that.

I hope this answers some of your questions and I'm happy to answer any others. Flying MAXjet was a bit of gamble for us since I could find very little in the way of reviews before we booked. It really could have gone quite badly, but we were pleasantly surprised.