Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Airlines ... any seat recommendations?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2001, 06:24 AM
anna

my husband and me will be flying with Malaysia Airlines next December several long-haul flights in one of their Boing 747 - can somebody advise on the best seats (most confortable) we can prebook with them?? <BR> <BR>also we will be on our honeymoon - any chance for an upgrade??! ;o) <BR> <BR>thank you for your help <BR>-anna

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 07:10 PM
grounded

The living room couch.Why would anyone in their right mind want to go to Malaysia

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 06:01 AM
xxx

Anna, <BR> <BR>If you are an American that is no place to take in a honeymoon or anything else right now. <BR> <BR>My sweet woman have you read the papers lately?

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 10:05 AM
Gregory

Grounded & xxx, <BR> <BR>Anna did not say she was going to Malaysia, she could well be just using Malaysia airlines to get to her final destination ( ie Australia.) <BR>From the UK Malaysia do advertise quite reasonable flights to Australia (via Kuala Lumpur (sp?)

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 12:17 AM
Anna

Gregory is right - I am not English but Spanish and I'm leaving from London to New Zealand via Singapore so I don't think we are taking any unnecessary risk (we agoing originnaly to KL but have changed that for couple of days in Singapore) <BR> <BR> ... any advice on the seats?? thank you <BR>anna

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 09:56 AM
Gregory

Anna, <BR> <BR>as to the choice of best seats ( First class or business class!!). Hoever if you are travelling economy then the seats with the most legroom would be those by the exits ( these could well be only availably on a first come basis at check in to able bodied people who could help in the event of an evacuation). <BR> <BR>If you do not want leg room but want a view then window seats towards the back will offer a better view as they will be less impeded by the wing. <BR> <BR>Some airlines put their aircraft seating plans on their web site. Not sure about Malaysian and some airlines allow pre booking of seats, others only at check in , in which case the earlier the check in the better. <BR> <BR>Regards <BR> <BR>Gregory

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 11:55 PM
Anna

thanks a lot gregory!!

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 02:15 AM
Michelle

Anna, <BR>first of all, please ignore that moron who said Malaysia was no place for americans - I came back from there yesterday and came across NO anti american feeling at all - the people there were friendly and welcoming as ever. That kind of uninformed bigotry is pointless and harmful. <BR> <BR>I flew malaysian and they were v good - the seats seemed comfier than other planes and they have foldout head rests which make sleeping a little easier. I would say its worth asking for a window seat away from the wing so you can actually get a good view on take off and landing.

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 10:48 AM
Norman

Malaysia Airlines seats are pitched at 34" in Economy Class. Service has been good ont the occasions I have used them<BR><BR>Norman<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 01:39 PM
James Allen

I have just been in KL and no problems at all, not that I ever expected any, Asia seems safer than anywhere these days. Why DO people like to 'scare' others like this! Anyway, emergency exits have the legroom , otherwise at the back the 3 x 4 x 3 seating changes to 2 x 4 x 2 as the aircraft 'narrows. The first row of these gives you some extra space at your side. Only downside is that near to the Lavatories so it can get a little crowded, plus side is also near the Galley. Malaysia Airlines often 'throw in' a local flight, or a local flight for a 'nominal' amount, ask them, you could stop-over on your way back in Langkawi or Penang.<BR>Have a lovely time and ignore these 'idiots'.

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 06:45 AM
Anna

thank you all for responses ... more determined than ever to have a good time in my holiday!!!! <BR><BR>regards<BR>-anna