Luggage Issues in AMS?

Search

Luggage Issues in AMS?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2022, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luggage Issues in AMS?

In September my wife and I are flying from Detroit to Zurich and returning from Lyon to Detroit. We're using Delta / KLM and both directions involve a change in Amsterdam. We have 1 and 1/2 hours between flights and I'm not worried about us making the connection, but what about our luggage?
Does anyone know if operations there are returning to normal? Should we pack really light and go with carry on bags only? We'll be in one hotel for a week after arrival so a lost bag should be able to catch up with us.
Thanks for comments.
Old Aug 29th, 2022, 12:27 PM

Schipol and Heathrow have quieted down in the US headlines, but I for sure would pack an extra day or two of clothing and any items you particularly would want in your carry-on piece. I opted for a huge LeSportsac weekender as the above-the-seat storage where am stashing extra top, pants, pjs, and leather jacket (wearing another), toothbrush, saline solution, and pair of flats for first day and /night there. Large soft LeSportsac for my personal item. And we are flying non-stop to Brussels! You would think you'd get your luggage that first week, BUT I would pack what you want most into a carryon. Lufthansa has limited sizes for carry-on as well as for personal item, thank goodness you're not flying them!
Keep your fingers crossed as we shall too!
Old Aug 29th, 2022, 03:13 PM

I travel with KLM via AMS very often and always check luggage in, there were issues during the summer but it is back to normal, so would not worry. Heathrow has not been a problem for a long time but memories are long. Bags are very rarely lost, a delayed bag is not lost, its a bag that did not get put on the flight for some reason. It would be very bad luck if both bags are delayed, usuallt one makes it. I've found KLM very good at reuniting me with my luggage in a day or two but really this only happened during this summer.