Members of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) were scheduled to vote on a new contract with American Airlines, or AA, this December that would have lowered the airline’s cost and outsourced hundreds of jobs that weren’t directly related to aircraft maintenance. They never got the chance because American instead filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday AA announced it planned to outsource just about all of them — 4,600 mechanics jobs are going, along with 4,200 ground-service positions, 2,300 flight attendants and 400 pilots. About 15% of American’s work force is getting a one-way ticket to Termination, Texas — thank you for dying with us today. .................(more0
Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/is-american-the-worst-managed-airline-in-america/#ixzz1lbdbntgj
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 JFK international terminal to domestic terminal - how much time?
- 2 $1500 to Europe economy in May- buy now or wait?
- 3 Changing Airlines at EWR
- 4 A horror story about Justfly
- 5 WOW bargain not so "wow"
- 6 Virgin Atlantic's "Virgin Redhead"!
- 7 Layover time in Los Angeles
- 8 AerLingus exit row
- 9 Global Entry application status question
- 10 CDG
- 11 Which option
- 12 First travel
- 13 Changing AA flight date
- 14 Advice - Want to sue Lufthansa
- 15 Scott's Cheap Flights
- 16 Connecting flight in heathrow--2 hours
- 17 United Mileage plus upgrade waitlist?
- 18 Narita or Haneda from LAX?
- 19 LH bid for Premium Economy
- 20 Round trip ticket - but skipping return flight
- 21 Flying to Montego Bay, need help with connecting flights?
- 22 Traveling with two passports, with different names.
- 23 Royal Air Moroc Reviews
- 24 United or Air France? (Business class)
- 25 Customs question