In Flight Entertainment

Search

In Flight Entertainment

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Flight Entertainment

Is inflight entertainment a deciding factor for anyone else when choosing a flight. When flying to the UK I always choose Virgin because of their entertainment options. I once used American for the trip but never again since theirs was so unsophisticated. Anyway I noticed some discount air carriers are now offering entertainment options. Here is info on Independence Airs program.

http://www.flyi.com/specials/inflight.aspx
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 12:05 PM

It becomes a deciding factor only when everything else is equal. For me, seat/cabin comfort, price, schedule, routing, mileage earning opportunities are all much more of a consideration. I agree VS does have a nice AVOD system on some of the aircraft.
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 01:23 PM

As with Patty, it is low priority. I rarely use those systems anyway, preferring the quiet time for catching up on reading.
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 01:32 PM

For me, a personal video screen is important, while AVOD is not. I love the Airshow system that shows where we're at, as well as flight data. I enjoy the video games which makes time pass much much faster. I also don't mind watching some variety shows during mealtime - it's a lot easier than reading with the limited space.

What I do not do is watch movies. If there's a movie I care enough, I will rent/buy the DVD and watch it in widescreen at home with surround sound. If I don't care about the movie enough, I wouldn't waste my energy watching it on a tiny screen anyways. Therefore, AVOD is really not important to me.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 04:41 AM

I was on a flight with BA and they showed a movie with a funny college pledge scene. When they showed the same movie on a Continental flight, they edited that part of the movie. Has anyone else noticed more editing of movies with a particular airline?

This could be good or bad--depending on whether you are traveling with small children.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 06:15 AM

I would choose a 777 with seat-back video vs a 747 without, because I would hate to miss the Airshow. Otherwise, the entertainment doesn't matter much to me.

The following service on a Boeing 777 might be decisive:
http://www.anaskyweb.com/us/e/travel...air/index.html
especially since ANA now has the New Style flat seats in Business Class.