Reload this Page >

If in doubt, take American!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 06:24 AM
marilyn

I'm really surprised there has not been more buzz about the new space in coach on American. It really makes a DRAMATIC difference in comfort. I have long legs, and previously had trouble crossing them, but now can do so easily. When the traytable is down, I have to actually pull it toward me, even when they person in front is reclined. Had the middle seat on a recent flight to Baltimore, and even there was relatively comfortable. So, if you have the option, consider taking American on your next flight, and let's back up our oft-expressed wish for more space!

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 11:38 AM
xxx

I'm with you. I posted on this very topic a few days ago but it seemed to disappear into cyber space. I recently flew to England on American. I am 6 ft tall and heavy set (which I am aware only complicates things). I was not expecting 2 inches to make a noticable difference but it did. Our outgoing flight was on an older, smaller plane (not sure of the exact type). The flight was completely full. Of course, the person in front of me fully reclined for the entire flight. But I was still able to move a bit. Usually, once the seat reclined, it rammed into my legs and I was forced to sit with knees apart. No longer the case. On the newer 777's the extra room was even more noticeable. I would suggest American to anyone. In addition to the leg room, our flights departed on time, arrived early, had decent service. One flight's food even tasted slightly like food.

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 07:15 PM
Pat

American's website says planes to international destinations have not been redone yet. Is the website wrong? <BR>I'm going to France in December. It would be nice to have some extra space.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 05:26 AM
Patrick

I live in London and I will fly American over any European airline any day. The extra leg room is just the best - I'm so glad American did this instead of an economy plus product. The airlines that have brought in economy plus should hang their heads in shame - they know that many of their normal seats are unsuitable for long haul travel (hopefully the lawsuits dealing with DVT will encourgae them to see the errors of their way). <BR> <BR>I too am amazed that this is so low profile and few people seem unaware of these dramatic changes. American is running an awareness campaign on TV over here but you would easily miss the message and many people have. <BR> <BR>Personally I would choose this legroom over seat back TVs etc anyday and I think this airline is the best in the world. Their fares are still competitive with the squashed -coach airlines. I hope the airline makes a fortune with this product. <BR> <BR>And finally this finally proves the lie that airlines need to pack us in to make it economical - this has always been untrue.

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 04:03 PM
Kay

I have booked a trip in July on AA. As it is so far in advance, the flight numbers, times, and fare have changed. (Now I know why I rarely book so far in advance.) I've talked to AA phone agents twice now about the changes and a voucher for the reduction in my fare. They have been the most helpful airline phone agents I have talked to in a long time. I used to be a Delta fan, but customer service has declined. I am looking forward to my AA experince as it has been several years since I have flown with them. I hope I get the extra leg room to Alaska. <BR>

Old May 4th, 2001, 10:52 PM
Lee

In the last couple of weeks, I have flown American to Hawaii, and another trip to Chicago. Service was excellent and the extra leg room was enjoyed. I very much reccomend AA.

Old May 5th, 2001, 02:41 PM
Tadgh

I can't believe it - a Us airline is becoming the best in the world. <BR> <BR>just flown American and agree with everthing above - I hope the others go broke

Old May 7th, 2001, 01:02 PM
Greenie

I flew American twice in the past two weeks for the first time in a long time and I was extremely impressed by the leg room! I also flew US Air on one leg from San Juan to Charlotte and to Boston and it was so much more cramped. i just hadn't realized how much of a difference it made. <BR> <BR>I'll book more often on AA when I can.

Old May 14th, 2001, 05:09 AM
USFlyer

I have had terrible experiences with AA. The worst was on a trip I took to South Africa using a combination of AA and SAA. While SAA were excellent, an AA gate agent with an attitude problem at Washington National deliberately didn't put our bags on the AA flight to Miami and we arrived in Cape Town 16 hours later with no bags due to AA-who then tried to bloame the entire incideent on AA! The contreast between the equipment used by AA and SAA couldn't be greater-nice new 747-400s used by SAA and 25 year old MD-11s used by AA which you feel could drop out of the sky at any moment. Unfortunately I have a cross country flight from Dulles to LAX with American in a couple of week.s <BR>