Lost AA 20 year pin

Search

Lost AA 20 year pin

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost AA 20 year pin

My father flew for 34 years for American and had 6 lapel pins plus a grey eagle pin soldered on gold discs for a bracelet for my mom. The twenty year pin came off and I am trying to find a replacement. These are small pins (around 1/2 inch.) I believe the 20 year pin had 2 diamonds. Does anyone know where to look? I tried e-bay but they just had airline wings. The AA web site just does reservations as does their 800 phone number. These pins look like a small AA logo. Thanks, Vicky
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Original Poster

I should clarify the above message. These were "years of service" pins given out every five years. Thanks again, Vicky
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 08:31 AM

Hi,
Sorry to here you lost this. I have some pins from my Dad's time with Delta Airlines and I have seen similar ones on E-bay, perhaps you could try there....
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 08:46 AM

Perhaps their Human Resource department might be able to help? HR handles those service award sorts of things in many companies. They do at my company.

AA's Human Resource dept is at:
817-963-1110

- Number found on AA's website, at the very top of the page "Contact AA". Popup box with various corp numbers under a tree structure came up. There are other HR numbers listed there too, in case you want to dig further -
http://www.aa.com/apps/utility/conta...esources.jhtml

Good luck, little things like those mean so much when they reflect all the time devoted to one thing.
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 11:43 AM

A Chief Pilot normally presents the wings at a luncheon. He or she can normally round up replacements. Your mom can get a contact number using jetnet.aa.com logging in with your dad's employee number. Good luck!
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 03:06 PM

Vicky,
My father too was a Capt. with AA for 37 years. He also had his pins put on a bracelet for my Mom. I'm sending this on to her to see if there's anything she can do to help.

I had the 30 year pin which is 3 diamonds made into a tie tack.
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 01:02 PM

Baha, I am in the proces of selling many pins on ebay. I'm sure I have the pin your looking for. My grandfather was a pilot for AA before during and after WW2. Inbox me on FB and we can talk more.