flights to Vietnam from SFO

Aug 14th, 2019, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

flights to Vietnam from SFO

San Francisco to Vietnam......Looking for more reasonable price business class...Anyone heard of or dealt with travel agency called "Top Business Class?" Would appreciate recommendations on places to search. Hoping to spend around $7500 for two or less. The price the river cruise company quoted is way too high and we are arriving a few days a head of the tour group to tour on our own before the tour starts. thanks in advance.
Aug 14th, 2019, 09:40 AM

I'm not familiar with Top Business Class, but their website looks suspiciously like the sort of claims you'd get from so-called "mileage brokers." These are companies that buy frequent flyer miles from individuals then use them to obtain awards in the name of the traveler (you.) While not illegal, this practice is against the terms and conditions of every single airline with a frequent flyer program, and you have a very real risk of having the ticket canceled and losing your money, or at a minimum having to fight them for a refund, while meanwhile paying a higher (short-term) price for the ticket you thought you'd already bought.

Many/most users of these services won't encounter these problems, but the risk is great enough that - in my opinion - it's just not worth the chance.

When is your trip? Checking ITA - Matrix - ITA Software by Google - for arbitrary dates this coming autumn and winter, I can see plenty of business class availability on several carriers for under $3000 per ticket. I'd also suggest you look at flights from LAX, which typically are $200 - $500 less on the same days (more competition.) Even though you'd need to get to LA, the savings might be worth it. If you see something decent on ITA, you can usually book it through Google Flights or the likes of Expedia, or of course the airline itself. I would generally NOT rely on third parties that advertise great deals that you can't match through conventional channels. No free lunch and all that.
Aug 14th, 2019, 02:32 PM

Just to piggy back on Gardyloo's post -- From Northern Calif I almost always fly internationally out of LAX instead of SFO (have done it to Asia twice, to South America and many times to Europe). Sometimes it will be on the same booking SMF > LAX > international destination, but sometimes I fly separately to LAX on Southwest and then non-stop from LAX to wherever. Has always saved me $$$