Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Emirates - Full refund Vs Keep your ticket for 24 months

Emirates - Full refund Vs Keep your ticket for 24 months

Old Apr 29th, 2020, 11:56 PM
Original Poster
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 398
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Emirates - Full refund Vs Keep your ticket for 24 months

Hi All

Our family had planned a trip to Australia & New Zealand for May 2020

Like most travelers we have cancelled our trip due to travel restrictions and suspension of flight operations.

We are booked on Emirates airline

My question is ‘should we go for refund of our money OR should we get a travel coupon (keep your ticket) with a validity of 12 months and extendable to another 12 months’

The refund would take at least 3-4 months before the money is credited into our account.

As per my understanding if I opt for keep my ticket the price already paid for a route remains same

If all goes well, we most probably would plan a similar trip next year fir May/June

So I am thinking which would be a better option

Refund or keep the ticket for next travel

Thank you
asimm is offline  
Old Apr 30th, 2020, 05:13 AM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 628
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Only my opinion but I’d go for a cash refund even with it taking several months. It’s $ already out the door, travel to Australia (as most countries) is uncertain as to when you’ll be able to visit. More than likely flight costs may go up and you’d have to pay the difference even with your vouchers. If they go down you’d probably receive a voucher for the difference in cost.

I have two scenarios going on now myself. All tickets are with KLM, first trip was flight to Prague with return from Paris, 4.28 - 5.12.2020, at the end of March we chose to change those flight for tickets next March 2021, the difference in cost left us with an additional $275 usd per person and was received in the form of a voucher for future travel.

Earlier this week we received notification that the return leg of our August trip had changed and the new times wouldn’t work for us without our changing accommodations, etc. we called and asked for a full refund which we will receive, we weren’t given a timeframe but that’s OK, we know or hope the refund will be made to our credit card.

I’d say decide what works best for you.
Good luck.
wunderbar2 is offline  
Related Topics
Original Poster
Last Post
Air Travel
Sep 9th, 2013 01:42 PM
United States
Jul 31st, 2002 08:02 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information