Delta Skymiles for one way trips?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I would like to go to Europe using our Skymiles - except we would like to fly into one city (Athens) and out of another city (Amsterdam.)

Has anyone done this using Delta Skymiles? Delta's site only has how many skymiles it "costs" to fly round trip. I would assume that one way would be half that. But, you know what happens when you assume....

Thanks!
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 12:36 PM

You probably have to call Delta to make the actual reservations, but this should not be a problem. You will not be making 2 one way reservations, you'll be making an open-jaw reservation....so the same number of miles that a regular R/T to Europe requires will apply in your case.
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 12:39 PM

I doubt that you can do one-way tickets for half the miles -- but it doesn't matter because what you are describing is not a one-way trip, but rather, an open-jaw trip. Yes, you can do it. Call the toll-free number and see what kind of arrangements you might be able to work out.
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 12:40 PM

I see AAFF was posting while I was typing.
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 02:25 PM

You can book an open jaw award on delta.com (choose "More search options&quot but you'll have more choice of flights if you call. Delta.com searches only Delta operated flights whereas a partner award agent can check Delta plus all partner carrier award availability for you. As already stated, the cost for an open jaw itinerary is the same as a roundtrip.
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 05:08 AM

No problem at all. You have to handle it on the phone. Last year we flew to Venice Italy and home from Rome.
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 09:36 AM

I learned something new about Delta FF tickets last week. I had a Skysaver ticket ATL-FLR, via Milan and home from Venice. Our plans changed, as my husband has business in Paris. No problem-managed to change to ATL-CDG. However, you can either have an open-jaw ticket, or a stop-over, but not both. So I lost my CDG-FLR leg. Luckily, I could book another SkySaver ticket from Paris to Florence. I had to use miles for a round-trip ticket, and I have to fly via Rome (and have a long layover), however, it's all worked out.

When calling for skymiles tickets, be sure to ask for the Partner desk. They are very helpful.
Deb