Delta question?

Old Mar 28th, 2014, 05:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delta question?

Im looking to book flights with delta from mia to cdg and fco to mia in business classDelta has non stop flight from mia to cdg on codeshare airfrance. And returning from fco to mia on codeshare alitalia. All non stopQuestion if i pick my seat assignment on dleta how can i make sure its confirmed with airfrance and alitalia? Or will it be guarenteed?Ive never done codeshare i want to avoid any problems should i just book directly with airfrance? If i do ill have a 4 hour connection in cdg on the way backOr should i nook directly with delta ? But i would ha e connection both ways instead of non stopAny advise ease to avoid a possible codeshare headache
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 06:09 AM

No reason not to do a codeshare.

After you have your Delta booking you should have a ticket number on your receipt. This is a longer number and not the six letter or number record locator specific to Delta. That ticket number should be enough to look up your flight on the other airline website and check you seat assignment and even change it. Note that if your seats are in economy on the other airlines that many European airlines do not make seat assignments sooner than 24 or 48 hours of the flight (unless maybe you have premium frequent flier status on that European airline).

If the ticket number doesn't work you can also call Delta and/or the other airline and they can look up your booking on the phone and give you the other airline record locator number and you can then go on to the other airlines website with that information.

The same technique also usually works if you book your ticket through somewhere like Expedia or Travelocity and you want to confirm directly with the airline your reservation and seat assignment.

Note when you return from Rome you check in at the airport with the other airline (the airline actually operating the plane) and not Delta.
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

You mentioned they can change your seat assignment in economy what if you book in business can they also change or downgrade the seats?
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 07:21 AM

I don't believe they would downgrade your seat from business to economy. But they can. It happened to me once on an international business trip when business class was oversold. They gave me the choice to go another day or take a coach seat. I needed to get home so took the coach seat. And I believe my travel agent got my company a refund of the difference in price of the ticket.
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Oh ok were planning on booking pretty far in advance and the flights are non stop no connections so hopefully we wont have any issues with the whole codeshare thing
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 06:29 PM

Delta did it to me also..Refunded the difference and gave me a $200 voucher..Not happy but what was, was!!!
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 03:28 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I would expect you to be able to book the same flight you see on Air France on Delta. On the Delta website, you need to search by schedule not price (Delta usually doesn't pull up all options if you search by price). Try searching Miami/CDG one way non-stop and you will see the AF flight and price. It might not be the same price you see on Air France though, but could be.

To put the ticket together, you would have to do multi-city, non-stop each way (by schedule, not price).
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 11:41 AM

In looking to go AUS-VCE and then from FCO-AUS, I couldn't seem to get a FF miles ticket, so then checked about Air France code share partner. I was told the only way to use Delta miles on Air France was to call Delta directly but still no flights available.

Two weeks later on a whim decided to make my trip AUS-FCO RT to see if I could get a ticket that way and got it for 60000 miles the lowest miles for a RT.