Delta.com- Fares Quoted in Foreign Currency

Oct 27th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Delta.com- Fares Quoted in Foreign Currency

Does anyone know how to change the currency in which the fares are displayed on www.delta.com? I'm looking to book a ticket from Europe back to the United States, so maybe this isn't possible on their website, as it has to be quoted in the currency where the flight originates. Still, it seems like there ought to be a way to change it.
Oct 27th, 2009, 01:30 PM
J62

Google is your friend. Simply type 300 euro in USD into google and you'll get the $US equivalent.
Oct 27th, 2009, 02:35 PM

You will be given the option to pay in USD when you enter your credit card information, and told the USD price. If you want someone to convert the numbers for you, then use Orbitz or the like.
Oct 27th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! It's not a big deal, and I usually use www.xe.com when converting currency. I was just curious since I hadn't seen that before. Then again, I'm not generally booking flights originating in Europe on U.S. airlines. I also didn't want to get charged a foreign currency fee by my card, so I'm glad to know I can pay in USD at the end. I appreciate the input.
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:51 AM

The currency you use for a transaction is based on the country where you're doing the booking. And whether or not you pay a foreign currency fee has to do with where the credit card is processed (so even if you indicate that you're in the UK and will pay in pounds, your credit card might still be processed in the U.S. ... that I'm not sure about).

But when you log onto Delta.com, there's a button at the top of the page for you to choose the currency/language. That will give you currency in euros or pounds.

But if you are in the U.S. buying at ticket from Europe back to the U.S., you don't want to pay in euros anyway. You want to pay in dollars, and that's the way you'll be charged.
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Thx Doug! I definitely want to pay in dollars. That's what I was getting at.