Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Delayed luggage IBERIA

Search
View Poll Results: Anyone actually compensated?
Yes
0%
No
0%
Parcially
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Delayed luggage IBERIA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2018, 12:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delayed luggage IBERIA

January 2018 - Baggage delayed for 3 days. My computer charger was in my checked luggage. Obviously, I had to buy another charger to communicate with Iberia, track my luggage and work on my computer. I sent the receipt for the charger, which was only 25 euros. My claim was sent in a timely manner with all the documents in order. CS lost my claim and after sending the documents numerous times -even on a daily basis, I received this reply, nearly 4 months later - Can anyone shine some light on this? Thank you.
After studying your case, we have verified that you did not declare the contents of your baggage before you checked it in.

Airlines cannot be held responsible for fragile or valuable items if the contents of your baggage are not declared before check-in and you did not insure it and pay the relevant fee, or alternatively if you did not check it in as cargo and following the relevant procedure.
With regard to your request, it is not possible to pay the compensation you claim as some of the documents you sent are not for items of first need (Clothes, toiletries, medicaments). We only reimburse receipts for those kind of items.