DEATH TO SPINZELS!!!!

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 05:02 PM
Mr. Peanut

DEATH TO SPINZELS!!!!

Okay, we KNEW when we caved to those militant, anti-peanut pressure groups we were BOUND to end up with something worse. Enter the SPINZEL, those artificially butter-flavored abominations that have taken the place of the beloved peanut. (Hey, did you think they were going to upgrade to cashews or what?!)<BR><BR>For all who find the Spinzel to be an unsatisfactory replacement to the peanut, you'll be happy to know that you now have RECOURSE. Yes, an electronic petition to Northwest Airlines management is now online and ready for you to e-sign:<BR><BR>http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/Spinsels/<BR><BR>Help end the scourge of Spinzels!<BR><BR>(Actually, I don't mind them, but what kind of a post would that really make?) Happy Contrails!

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 05:52 PM
Bob

Hey, wait a minute, I like Spinzels. Often times I could stay at my office and conduct my business via a video conference, but choose to fly in order to get at some of those tasty morsels...

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:17 PM
COresBoy

What's a Spinzel? Are those the Sour Cream & Chive nuggets that BA gives out?

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:26 PM
Jim Rosenberg

No. They're short, straight, butter-flavored pretzels given out on NWA.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:31 AM
Jim

What do the militant groups have against peanuts? I don't like Spinzels. I'll sign up.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 09:33 AM
JP

http://www.junkscience.com/sep98/peanut.htm

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 10:24 AM
ex airline employee

Many people are apparently allergic to peanuts and even the smell of peanuts causes severe allergic reactions.<BR><BR>I thought they were just supposed to establish Peanut Free Zones.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 01:35 PM
COresBoy

Some people are allergic to nuts. Even the dust in the air or foods with peanut oil can be dangerous. I know that we had a peanut ban at CO before I started working there, and then it was determined that we are not obligated to ban peanuts.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Stephanie P.

Mr. Peanut:<BR><BR>Yes, I am extremely allergic to peanuts and carry around an Epinepherine pen should I accidently eat one. If I do, my whole body shuts down and the result would probably fatal if not treated immediately. So I am for this change since you will definately not get a reaction from Spinzels and will live through it, I'm sure.<BR><BR><BR>

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 05:45 PM
T Brown

Hey wait! What have you got against spinzels? Poor, sweet old ladies..not bothering anybody...