Cheap flights to Tahiti

Jul 18th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

Cheap flights to Tahiti

My fiance and I are going to Moorea, French Polynesia for our honeymoon in June, 2012. All of the flights I can find are around $1300. Is there somewhere I can find these flights cheaper, closer to $1000 a piece?
Jul 18th, 2011, 04:44 PM

Where are you flying from??? Flights from the west coast generally run between $1100 and $1200 IME

It is also sort of early to be looking for flights a year out.
Jul 18th, 2011, 09:53 PM

That sounds about right. French Polynesia has VERY limited service from anywhere. Keep looking, as you have plenty of time, but you may just have to bite the bullet at some point.
Jul 19th, 2011, 11:01 AM

From most places, FP is not a competitive market and you ended up paying about what you are seeing. If you cannot manage the airfare portion, you can still manage the overall cost by selecting favorable flights - how? Depending on where you are coming from, the arrival in FP is often at some dreadful time of the day. What you can avoid is to choose an airline that does not require you to pay for a full night stay in Papeete for 6hrs for sleep just because you are arriving in the middle of the night or leaving early early morning. Of course, you are trading comfort vs. cost. Of course, if you don't mind sleeping at Faaa airport, it does not matter.
Jul 26th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I should have mentioned that we will be flying from the west coast. The tip on selecting favorable flights is very helpful! While I wish the flights were cheaper, it is nice to know that I can stop searching for that crazy bargain!