Reload this Page >

Chance of refund on Priceline Tkt?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 09:34 AM
pat

My partner's Grandfather just passed away and she must travel to Newark tomorrow. She bought tickets to fly to Floridaon Friday 3 weeks ago on Priceline. Priceline says too bad, too sad, but unless she flys the tickets have no value. Anyone had any luck getting a refund or change of dates in a similar circumstance? Thanks, Pat

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 10:16 AM
elaine

Not a Chance. Even if you miss your flight, you cannot use these tickets on another flight.<BR>

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 11:35 AM
callie

You get what you pay for...sometimes when you try to save money, it just comes back and bites you in the butt. Had you bought directly from the airline, you could have at least used these ticktets for future travel credit.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 01:40 PM
sss

I would try to speak with someone else at priceline or call the airline directly. Might be same outcome but I would still try.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 01:51 PM
too

pat,<BR><BR>It is a shame that your friend will learn a hard lesson on this one. Priceline tickets are at the bottom of the barrel of compassion with the a/l employee's. Priceline has no compassion and will stand their ground firmly.<BR><BR>Had your friend choosen to purchase direct from the a/l or even a TA there would be something that could be done.<BR><BR>Oh well, I would frame those tickets and hang it above my computer as a reminder of why NOT to book over the internet and why it would be better to book with someone who would care next time.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Debbie

Pat,I bought Airline Tickets from Priceline and got a great fare.I also purchased Travel Insurance to<BR>cover the tickets and villa I rented. At least if something happens,like in your case,I'm covered. I'm sorry to read about such unfortunate circumstances but<BR>I would buy Travel Insurance the next time. Good luck.