Reload this Page >

Booking next flight questions MQDs, AMEX etc Delta

Old Oct 27th, 2022, 07:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 3 things going on.
One is my Delta AMEX is almost to the 100$ credit. I have a few donations and they said it would count to the 10k total for the credit.

Two , I have 100$ credit from a mix up this year and that is one for each family member, but they expire in July 23

Three, I am really close to getting silver medalion on delta. 230$ short on MQDs. But don't think it works on booking domestic travel or basic tiers.

What is my best options to maximize my benifits.
It seems they all end on December 31st.
What I would ideally like to get is the medalion status, the 100$ credit from AMEX and get it booked soon.

Not sure where to go , and prices seem high if you look at March /April time. Maybe because its too far ahead.
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 06:52 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Unless someone on here is a real Delta guru its likely no one has a definitive answer for you -- often when there are multiple methods of payment and multiple accounts involved, booking must be done over the phone.

I'd suggest you register and post your detailed question over on FlyerTalk. They have a very active Delta forum with experts on maximizing benefits, and also a separate one just for Amex questions.
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 07:02 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Start here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...ee-thread.html
Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 07:55 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm just seeing this question so perhaps the OP found answers on FT.

1. You don't say which Delta Amex, what the card promo was (a lot of card promos out there) or the timeline. Typically you have to spend a certain amount in a short timeframe (3 months) to earn the promo ($100 credit you mention).

2. The credits you have will show up in your account until July 23. You have to book a flight and apply them by the expiration date, not actually fly.

3, Medallion status - You can earn MQD on Delta domestic flights, but to get your needed $230 for Silver, you must fly it (not just book) by Dec. 31. (
Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you think silver status is worth it, buy and fly a ticket where
ticket price minus taxes = $231 or more.

use your amex for that, of course, and also use it to pay your cable, phone. insurance, ...