Blacklane PASS for getting through airports?

Oct 21st, 2018, 10:03 AM
Original Poster

Blacklane PASS for getting through airports?

I just read about this service, Blacklane PASS, on Johnny Jet's newsletter. Jet used them free in order to report on them so not exactly impartial. It maybe a new service they are adding to their car services which are somewhat poorly reviewed on Trip Advisor. Their airport concierge service is supposed to meet you at the curb, assist with bags, check-in and move you to the front of immigration. Our family is traveling at Christmas and I thought it might help some of the elderly and one temporarily disabled in our group.

I would love to hear if there are such services available particularly at Heathrow and LAX. I find it surprising that I could pay someone to help me skip the line at immigration.
Oct 22nd, 2018, 01:09 AM

I believe that if you are in first class you get preferential treatment, so maybe.....

The elderly and temporarily disabled should arrange for wheelchairs. That got me to the front of the security line in the US, although not in the UK, but at least you are sitting down and not trekking in from the outer reaches of the airport.
Oct 22nd, 2018, 02:45 AM

The Blacklane Pass website allows you to search whether the service you require is available at the airports you are travelling through. LHR and LAX are on the list, it costs $100 per traveller.
I've never had preferential treatment for immigration because I travelled first class, by preferential treatment I mean being taken to the front of the line. I have been taken to the front of the line when I have paid for it by using an airport's VIP service.
Meet and Assist services provide various things like wheelchair assistance but being taken to the front of the line for immigration is not always part of that assistance.
Oct 22nd, 2018, 08:12 AM

>>I've never had preferential treatment for immigration because I travelled first class, by preferential treatment I mean being taken to the front of the line.<<

I don't fly in First but do fly Business and have been given priority immigration every single time. This is at LHR (for US airports I have Global Entry and pre-check so lines aren't really an issue). At LHR you don't get to the 'front of the line' but have a special dedicated line - usually next to the flight crew line or sometimes intermingled with the crew. Sometimes a flight attendant gives you a paper pass, and sometimes it just requires showing your boarding pass with the premium class. The same for security when departing LHR -- a separate line in a different area than the general security lines.
Oct 22nd, 2018, 07:54 PM
Original Poster

Odin, I did not know airports offered VIP services but did a little searching after reading your comments. Thank you, I will look into this further.
Mar 3rd, 2019, 02:43 PM

We were in LHR's Fast Track lane for Immigration due to our mileage status with American.We were thrilled to be there. A well known dignitary/politico was in front of us.The immigration officer mentioned that he couldn't believe the dignitary was only in the Fast Track lane not in the VIP area. First I had heard of VIP.