Anyone used Best Fares?

Aug 27th, 1998, 12:17 PM
Beth

Anyone used Best Fares?

Just wondering if anyone has used the Best Fares services to get airline tickets. Can you buy tickets for more than one person (or is it member only)? Are the tickets on all airlines, or are they charters? Any info would be appreciated!

Aug 28th, 1998, 04:52 PM
Anna

You might want to go to eurotrip.com, they have several bulletin boards and one is about cheap airfares. There seems to be 2 resident experts that may be able to answer your questions. You may also want to check out tiss.com.

Aug 31st, 1998, 07:22 AM
behrens

I bought two tickets to San Jose, Costa Rica and they mailed me two to San Jose, CA and then would do nothing about it. I was very explicit about my destination. When I wrote to Tom Parsons (certified mail, return receipt requested), he never even gave me the courtesy of a reply. I finally had to protest the charges with Visa, who protected me. I've found that if you shop around, you can usually find the same low fares that they advertise, but from a company you can trust.

Aug 31st, 1998, 09:55 PM
jack

I subscribe to best fares and have found that if you are VERY flexible about your travel dates, and can buy some videos or something that has all these coupons in it, best fares is not too bad. Otherwise to get some "best fares" you must be able to travel on standby with your grandmother, who of course get a senior discount, and you get a companion fare, on a rainy Wednesday after midnight, with a full moon, and you have to be under 6 foot tall,..... get the point? Try a trusty travel agent, or www.travelocity.com, or www. previewtravel.com, good luck

Sep 1st, 1998, 12:11 PM
nicole leclair

I am moving to Sheffield UK in September and just used Travelocity to book my round trip tickets, once you are a member I was able to get in and check the consolidator fares. I managed to get $378 round trip on Air Canada from NY to London, plus tax, etc...It seems to be good so far, but I'll let everyone know when my luggage gets lost. Nicole