American Airlines Hassle!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will never travel American Airlines again. This is the 2nd time in 3 trips with them that they have lost my luggage.
DO NOT USE THE LUGGAGE VALET SERVICE that is offered through the cruise lines!!! This is a contract American Airlines has with at least Royal Carribean cruises
where you pay $15 for them to get your luggage checked in at the airport for you.
You STILL have to go through the hassle at customs with your luggage, although the way the information is written it doesn't look like you have to. AND, they gave me ONE boarding pass but not the connection so I still had to hassle at the airport. I even called the Purser's desk on the ship the night before and was assured there would be no problem in picking up my 2nd boarding pass at the airport (more standing in lines! I could have done it online instead for free!!) and that my luggage was going to the right place. Well, 24 hours later I am STILL waiting for my luggage and American Airlines has been EXTREMELY uncooperative.
I have called three times in the last 7 hours trying to get my luggage, and they have been rude and uncooperative - each time changing their story.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 06:14 AM

Not sure why this isn't the cruise line's problem instead of American's.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 04:28 PM
P_M

Tahoedee blames Royal Caribbean too. If you want to read that version of this same story, just click his/her name.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 05:07 PM

Have you ever travelled outside US?

Perhaps you should try to write your congressperson to change laws. (I think I should also say this - it's not going to happen, so just in case, don't waste your time writing). What does AA or RC have to do with customs. The US immigration laws require that ANY person coming into US has to go through immigration and customs at the point of entry. The US Customs requires that any and ALL belongings have to be with the traveler when going through customs. No airline or cruise line in the world will help you with that. It's that simple.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 05:13 PM

I should also say that immigration laws are different in the many countries in the world. Many countries allow you to offically enter or go through customs at the final destination, but ALL customs laws are the same. All countries in the world require that you have all your belongings with you when going through customs.

In the US it's at the first port of entry.