Airport Scanners

Jun 10th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Airport Scanners

What do you think about all these Airport Scanners are they just there to make the public feel safe. However, people that have the criminal energy, will always find their ways in.
Jun 10th, 2010, 04:56 PM

I'm just curious. If they can't save the images from the scanner, how did they get the ones that they display to show you they can't see any detail?
I think the scanners are essentially an electronic grope.
Jun 13th, 2010, 10:47 AM

I've heard it called the 'Nude-o-scope' - I wonder if passengers will be given the choice of having to go through the scanner or have a good ol' fashioned pat-down?
Jun 13th, 2010, 01:13 PM

I've gone through a scanner twice, both times at DFW. They don't show you a picture. You step outside the scanner and wait until someone gives you the all-clear and you move on.
Jun 13th, 2010, 10:33 PM

As long as the people seeing me half naked on the scanner cannot see me in "real life" I won't worry too much.
Jun 14th, 2010, 08:25 PM

I could not believe that we are getting one in Corpus Christi, Texas. I don't think there are more than a dozen flights a day departing here and the security people have very little to do anyway. They could do a full body search on every passenger and still not be busy. Why did we get one?????
Jun 15th, 2010, 10:10 PM

My son declined to go through it on a recent flight, so they wiped down all of his stuff with special wipes (instead, I guess).