Airport: Depart and arrive

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Live in SW Virginia, near Roanoke. I haven't received my Passport yet, but my son is in Europe thru 2 April and I would love to join him. Afraid to make a reservation for fear I won't get the passport. On line says I should get it on or about 19 March. Just in case, which is the best (least expensive) city to leave FROM? Roanoke or Richmond, VA; Greensboro, NC; or the Washington, DC area?
DESTINATION: Prague, Bratislava or Vienna? (or somewhere close).
Hoping I can find a "reasonable" fare within a couple of days after receiving my passport.
Any information much appreciated!
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

This is not a Reply...I forgot to add that The last stop would be Monaco. He's leaving from Nice, Fr. via Zurich. I would most likely leave from Nice, or someplace not too far from there also.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 06:13 PM

Hi Mildred,
I see this is your first post - welcome!

You might get more answers if this were posted in either [or both] the Europe or United States forums. It really isn't an airline question.

Also, a better topic title might help get more replies.

To check on cost of airfare, try going to kayak.com and typing in the various departure cities and arrival cities and see what comes up. Play around with different combos and dates to get an idea what is available.

Also, since you will be leaving from Nice, you will need to search for an open jaw ticket [meaning that your departure city for the trip home is not the same as your arrival city.] This is also know as a multi-city ticket too.

Hope this helps...
Debi

Also - if you "lose" your threads, type your screen name in the search box on the appropriate forum and they should come up. Once you have posted, as other questions are posted, your post will sink and may be hard to find.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanx, Debi! I appreciate the help!
Mildred
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 08:30 PM

When you do your flight search, try all the airports in your area. Airports in your area with non-stop flights to Europe are Washington Dulles and Charlotte, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily cheaper. And you need to add the cost for transportation and/or long term parking.

Also search for simple roundtrips from your area to one of the major European gateways, like London, Paris, Frankfurt or Amsterdam. Not limited to them though. Then buy a separate ticket for xxx-VIE/PRG/BTS; and another one for NCE-xxx. That may be cheaper.

There are really lots of ways to do it. Without knowing exact date, and when you can book, it's impossible to tell you which is best or which is cheapest.
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 09:39 PM

One more thought Mildred, to find this or any other posts you will post I find the easiest way to find them is to click on your name which is next to the Welcome at the upper left hand side of your screen. At least for me that works easier then using the Search Box.