Reload this Page >

Airfare to Key West

Search

Airfare to Key West

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 02:41 AM
cherie

Airfare to Key West

My husband wants to go to Key West. We'd like to go around March 15? Should we fly all the way to the Keys or fly to Miami and rent a car and drive on down? We've never been there so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Debi

I've been to the Keys twice, and both times we flew to Miami and drove down. I think the drive is very enjoyable - and certainly easy to get there. That way you get to see all the Keys on your way down. I would recommend driving from Miami - but I love driving and love looking at the scenary....

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 07:04 AM
xxxx

We flew into Miami and then got a car and drove to Key West. Can take 3-4 hours, without stopping to sightsee and having good road conditions. But plan on taking the day to get to Key West, then you can stop along the way and see the sights. Then we booked a flight home from Key West because that long drive back to Miami is a drag because you know you are going home .

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 07:11 AM
xxx

everyone should do the drive one time and that is it.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Lee

I flew into Miami last summer, rented a car, and drove to Key West and then drove back to Miami a week later. I have to admit that I would have preferred to fly all the way, but the flights to Miami are cheaper. I used priceline.com for our tickets, and my husband used priceline.com for our car rental. The price for both was still less than flying to Key West (priceline never accepted our offers to Key West).<BR><BR>That said, the drive is long and it's mostly only 2 lanes. Be prepared for some slow downs and give yourself plenty of time to get back to Miami. You could definitely do some sightseeing driving to Key West b/c most hotels/condo's, etc. won't let you check in until after 3 p.m. anyway. We had bad weather returning to Miami, so I was really glad we left Key West early. Have fun!

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 04:37 PM
Randy

Cheri-Delta Connection-ASA just started nonstop service from Atlanta to Key West,3 times a day with their new 70seat regional jets.Easy connections thru Delta's ATL hub....

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 05:45 AM
SA

The drive is nice &amp; should be done once. However, once you get to Key West you really don't need a car &amp; parking can be a problem. So, what is the cost difference between the extra airfare cost &amp; the cost of a rental car ?