Search

Air Canada to Europe

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2022, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Canada to Europe

Hi all,
I am noticing some decent prices on Air Canada lately. I don't understand their Air Canada Travel Voucher and am wondering if anyone here knows anything on the workings. If I book an economy flight, need to cancel due to Covid, it looks like I can change it once. My question is can I use that change and book one of the STAR Alliance partners?
Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 16th, 2022, 07:15 AM

Perhaps your voucher would require the booking be made through Air Canada for the Star Alliance flight. Are you concerned about having Covid yourself? Travel insurance might be a more appropriate back-up. If you mean the airline making the change, AC has had a shaky reputation regarding refunds. Usually I take complicated questions to an airline rep by phone but I know these days that getting through might take as long as the holiday. Sorry; not much help.
Old Feb 16th, 2022, 09:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Southam, With the airline rules changing so frequently I find the customer service reps don’t know much anymore. But I will give them a call!
Old Feb 18th, 2022, 09:20 AM

Interesting question.
I tried LAX-FRA and the results all required a stop in Canada. I didn't see any option any partner-only option like LAX-EWR-FRA on UA/LH or the LH nonstop. i didn't find doesn't mean it is not possible.

(the SWISS website had those options up front), i checked becauae i had a swiss ticket and wondered what i could do with a voucher if I cancelled

There was LAX-ORD-YYZ-FRA, for example. But they won't let me book LAX-ORD.
It is not possible to search for flights which have both an origin and a destination in the United States.
So an AC voucher is not as useful as one from United for an American traveler
Old Feb 19th, 2022, 02:45 PM

I've found a great resource for questions concerning airlines is Flyertalk.com. Go to "Forum" and click on "Mileage Programs." You'll see the major airlines listed. There are frequent flyers, airline employees, and experts in each one who can probably answer any questions you have.