Search

Agean vs Easyjet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2024, 08:48 AM
mjs
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agean vs Easyjet

Have not flown Agean for about 20 years and EasyJet for about 5. Flying London to Rhodes in April. Going to airport from Blockley in Cotswolds.
Choices are EasyJet direct 1335-1950 vs Agean
1215-1955 with an hour stop in ATH. Costs are similar as rental return much cheaper to LHR than LTN. Star Alliance Gold so have lounge at LHR and the usual baggage and boarding perks for Agean. Using Flexi fare for EasyJet so somewhat similar benefits without lounge. Get miles and PQP and flight segments for renewing Gold next year on Agean for Star alliance. Get to leave a little later from Cotswolds for EasyJet and non stop and an hour less flying. Any thoughts as to which is better?
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 10:05 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Absolutely no preference if it was me. The only reason I'd lean slightly to LHR is the more straightforward drive.
Old Mar 10th, 2024, 09:57 PM
mjs
Original Poster

Thanks Janisj. Decided on Easyjet because I forgot we now have to go through immigration when going from the UK to Greece and we only have 65 minutes for the connection. There was a later flight 5 hours later that we could take if we did not make our intended flight but I just did not like our chances despite the fact that our LON-ATH flight was on schedule 95% of the time over the last three months. Besides it turns out that our fares were $100 each/4 cheaper on Easyjet flexi fare than Aegean.
Old Mar 12th, 2024, 12:03 PM

the nonstop wins