Search

aeroflot anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 07:59 AM
redhead

aeroflot anyone?

has anyone travelled with aeroflot to russia? how was service? was the plane from this century? how long was the flight?

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 09:57 AM
John

Aeroflot flies the new Boeing 777 from the US to Moscow. The service is good (on par with American carriers but not as good as Asian or Western European). Food wasn't bad. Flight time from JFK to Moscow was 11-12 hrs, if I remember correctly.

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 06:50 AM
kirie

My mom took the flight to Russia a few years back with them. No complaints at the time but now she says it was a scary ricketie old plane. Don't know if this is still accurate or whether she just feels like complaining.

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 11:22 AM
Paul

I flew aeroflot from Kuwait city to Moscow and on to Montreal. The aircraft I was on was rickety and need duck tape to plug the holes, nervous flight indeed.

Old Jan 19th, 2001, 06:58 PM
Pat

I flew aeroflot a few years back and have never seen such bald tires.

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 09:49 PM
anne

I've never flown Aeroflot but a girlfriend did a few years ago and I still enjoy passing on her tale. The flight was from Moscow to St Petersberg, it was evening in the middle of winter. She arrives at the terminal, it is almost in complete darkness save for 1 light over the checkin counter. She checks in, sits down to wait and watches people wrap masking tape around their suitcases!! The floors are covered in puddles because of the snow outside. It is not promising. Suddenly, a voice over the loudspeaker says something in Russian, and she has no idea what is going on. An Englishman obviously realises she doesn't speak the language and tells her that the flight is called for boarding. Everyone around her is picking up there belongings and pushing and shoving each other through the gate. The seating is a first come, best dressed scenario. She boards the plane, with the chickens, pigs etc, finds a seat with a broken back, but there is nowhere else. The plane takes off and all the light fittings fall off, the plane shudders all the way. She said she prayed the whole way and couldn't believe they arrived in one piece. <BR> <BR>In other words, I think that I would think twice about flying Aeroflot!! <BR> <BR>Anne