Aer Lingus E+ like Seats

Apr 8th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Aer Lingus E+ like Seats

Does Aer Lingus have E+ like UA or the equivalent seating in coach? We are flying a code share with Aer Lingus booked thru UA. The seat selection shows a section that is available to those fliers with status on UA. I've flown Aer Lingus before and never noticed any seats that had additonal legroom. On looking at SeatExpert or Seat Guru I can't find anything that describes this. Our flight is a non stop IAD to Madrid.

Also sometimes when we fly UA when we check in online they will offer upgrades to biz class for a couple hundred dollars. Is it likely that this will be offered since the flight is on a code share? Or might an upgrade be available at the check in desk with Aer Lingus?
Thanks!
Apr 9th, 2010, 09:54 AM

If Aer Lingus is operating the flight, check the aircraft on seatguru for Aer Lingus. It shows 30 or 31 inch pitch for economy. Even though it may have a UA flight number, it is still Aer Lingus metal. No economy plus. If it has an Aer Lingus flight number but is on UA metal then it probably has economy plus. If you do not have status on UA you would pay for E+. Check your itinerary to see if it says something like "Flight xxx operated by ___"
Apr 9th, 2010, 10:30 AM

Have you looked at the big long thread on Flyertalk about this route? I see it on page 1 of the United forum pretty frequently, and it's probably pretty near the top since this route just recently started up. Maybe someone has taken it and reported on it. I'd be surprised if it has E+, but this is a little different type of arrangement so not sure.
Apr 9th, 2010, 12:17 PM

UAL is the only airline with an economy plus, although several foreign airlines (Air New Zealand included) have front seats with a bit more legroom than regular economy.

But most airlines offer seats in the front of coaah to elite flyers - e.g. Continental does this for UA elites even tho there's not any more legroom. The assumption is that people generally want to sit in the front.

A
Apr 9th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone --
RonDace, It is on IE equipment and I had checked both seatguru and seat expert and they do not show the configuration for the flight as shown when I selected seats.

ms_go, yes, I had slogged thru that long thread and it was hard to tell. Does sound like it is a reconfigured plane which is why seat guru and seat expert aren't showing the configuration. I did just post a question so hopefully someone who has been on the flt wiill respond.