Reload this Page >

AA from DFW to CDG question.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 06:05 AM
Pinchme_iam_dreaming

We're flying this route on Sept 20 (economy) I was just wondering what to except? We used Delta last year DFW to MUC and it was a nightmare. The plane was full of crying babies, The entertainment system was not working in half of the cabin (Our half), The toilets in the back of the plane were out of order and of course! our seats were right behind the mid cabin ones so the bathroom doors never stoped slamming the whole flight!the food was gross and cold, No diet coke or pepsi plus a husband and wife (I assume?) fought/yelled at each the whole way even after the captain? talked to them 3 times and moved the woman to a different seat! 11 hours of pure hell. Is it always like that on trans-atlantic flights?

Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah it's pretty much par for the course on these long flights. Prepare for the worst, get drunk/drugged/pass out and magically you will be in Paris before you know it......
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 08:18 AM
Pinchme_iam_dreaming

Yea that's what I figured. Our flight back from Vienna last year was a code share with Lufthansa on a 747-400 and was only half full so we got to lay down in empty rows and slept almost the whole way back. Drinks were free and the food was very good plus we could have much as we wanted. Not a chance this time.

Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 09:22 AM

I disagree a bit with AAFF. The cramped seating with never enough legroom and the mediocre food are par for the course in economy. But the non-functioning lavatories and non-functioning entertainment system and crying babies and fighing couple are not common. You got hit with all of them in one flight. I’d call that horrendous luck, but not something you should expect to happen on this flight too.

Can you go online and select seats away from the lavatories? That is always one of the things I make sure of doing.
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 09:04 AM
P_M

I have flown this route and it was as good as any for coach. We had no issues with non-functioning entertainment or unusually bad bathrooms. AA does not serve great food in coach and the portions are small, so bring snacks. Bar drinks will cost you $5 each.
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 09:29 AM

<b>Jeff</b>,

I was being sarcastic. AA in economy is no better, no worst than most airlines.

The DL experience the OP had was by far the weirdest one I've heard. I'm sure it happens, but it is unusual. It just doesn't happen on most flights.