AA business class meals

Search

AA business class meals

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2003, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AA business class meals

I'm flying ORD to LHR this Friday night. I'm very excited about going on American Business Class. Is the flight experience going to be totally different from coach? Are the meals going to be all that different from coach? I believe i'll be getting a dinner and then a light breakfast before landing.
Old May 5th, 2003, 10:25 AM

Yes, it will be a big difference. You will have about 60" of pitch. The seat reclines at about 60 deg. so you could actually almost lie flat(almost). They are not the best business seats, but you will appreciate the (tons of) room. You will have a menu with about 4 or 5 different choices of main meals. Usually it's a choice of a steak, fish dish, chicken, vegie dish, and some sort of pasta dish. There will be 2 or 3(of each) different white, red, wines as well as beers and full range of coctails available at all times. I'm sure you will enjoy flying in AA business, but if you have a chance check-out first class suites, if it's the Atlantic 777 set-up. Occasionally they run the Pacific set-up on that route with the "coffin" seats, they are not as nice, but either way, it's the ultimate.
Have a great trip!
Old May 5th, 2003, 12:02 PM

Food is anywhere from good to wonderful in business class. I had some porcini mushroom stuff tortollini last month on AA that was just about the best thing I have ever tasted. However, stay away from the English muffins at breakfast--thick cardboard would taste better. Wines are usually very nice. There is a lot of room between seats. On 777, you have individual video screens. On other planes, they give you a DVD player with Bose noise cancelling headseat to use during the flight and a whole bunch of movies to choose from. It is definitely the way to go.
Old May 6th, 2003, 12:10 PM

I failed to mention the fact that orders are taken from the front of the business class on even numbered flights and from the back on odd numbered flights. Although you do have a menu, but if the flight is full, you may not get your choice if you are in the opposite ends of the business class. Since they don't cater all 5 menu choices for each person, as you could see how wasteful that would be, they do have a pretty good idea, what's the most popular dish to the least popular, but like anything in life, you may get a group of people that like the same thing. So it's a good practice to pick appropriate seats on different flights, as that almost guarantees you the meal of your choice.
Have a great trip!
Old May 6th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Original Poster

I'm in row 10. I think that's ok??
Old May 7th, 2003, 10:25 AM

That's my favorite row on the eastbound flights. I like the window seats. Anyway, you should be fine as far as the choices go on your Friday flight, but on the return flight, I would try row 12,13, as that almost assures a full choice of meals. I've been on flights, where the last row was down to 2 choices, at the same time I've been on many flights were that was a non-issue, but again, I make sure it's a non-issue with me by sitting in the right section. Just to add to your excitment, you will have appetizers and deserts as well. AA serves this great ice cream with real strawberries that's just to die for.(personal favorite)
Have a wonderful trip!
Old May 7th, 2003, 10:35 AM

Blue Bell Ice Cream! Yum.....
S
Old May 7th, 2003, 03:46 PM

I will be in Business Class from MIA to CDG before tranfering to AF for Athens. My row is 4 so I should be in good shape as I think there are only 6 rows. It will be such a treat not being in Coach all night.
Old May 7th, 2003, 04:57 PM

anitafla,
If you are flying direct, you will be on a 767 not a 777, which just recently has been switched from 3 class to a 2 class plane. The first reports are encouraging. Some are even saying that since there is no first class on these planes, the so called first/business combo gets better food and service. I have not flown on this new set-up, so can't tell you what seats are better, but regardless you should have a nice flight.
Have a great trip!
Old May 8th, 2003, 10:52 AM

I flew the new 2 class 767 from MIA to MAD and back last month--very nice. The service was absolutely wonderful, better than on many flights where I have been in 1st class. The flight attendants had a great attitude. I don't know if they are just happy to have a job given all the problems recently or what, but it was great. I'm going on Delta Business Elite to CDG in two weeks so will be able to compare.
Old May 8th, 2003, 03:41 PM

AAFrequentFlyer,
I know it is a 767, but believe me, after flying so many times to Europe in Coach, this will be a real treat.

RachelG,
I'm sure I will not be disappointed and I know that I will be getting better wine and some sleep in business than in coach.
Old May 29th, 2003, 05:10 AM

I've flown biz on AA from Frankfurt and back and service was very attentive and the food was certainly good enough. You will board before the coach passengers and be offered a glass of champagne--an odd feeling to be relaxing in the bigger seat, sipping champagne while the economy class pax struggle past you to their cramped seats.
The DVD player with DVDs is very nice--their selection of entertainment is quite good, but I was so taken by the Brian Setzer Orchestra Live from Tokyo DVD that I watched that one over and over. The only downside of the personal DVD player is that you really have nowhere to put it during meal service, it can be a bit of a palaver (the back seat pocket of the seat in front of you will be too far to reach unless you have VERY long arms).
Old May 29th, 2003, 09:54 AM
sandi

Why not call AA food services and pre-book your meal. The airlines serve the same meals for a month so food services will know what will be served. Then just request the main dish (entree) you want and you'll get it. This way you don't have to worry in which order they take orders or what's left over by the time they get to you.

Old May 29th, 2003, 09:58 AM

Sandi,
You could only request a "special" meals, like dietary, low fat, etc...etc... you can't pre-reserve a regular business/first class meals from the menu, that's why sitting towards the front on even numbered flights and back on odd numbered flights in business/first is important if you like to have a full choice.
Old May 29th, 2003, 03:01 PM
sandi

AAFrequentFlyer - that's what I was lead to believe, but on chance one time, we called to check "what was on the menu" and the agent was pleasant enough to take our request for the regular meals in Bus/First, so we've done it on subsequent trips and have been accommodated.

Don't normally fly "up front", (an occasional complimentary upgrade, sometimes with FF miles - maybe a dozen times in 15 years) but to tell the truth neither the food nor entertainment concern me when I'm flying.