AA & JetBlue Partnership?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2021, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

8 years after I became a member of JetBlue's frequent flyer program -- the last time I flew JetBlue (a good experience, I will add!), I suddenly started getting emails from them with notices of my rewards points.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with my booking last year a business class ticket on AA from LAX to Key West. I was supposed to leave end of March, 2020, so the ticket was "banked". As I have no account or FF with AA, and haven't heard from them regarding the credit, I was thinking perhaps there's some partnership with the two airlines.

Thoughts?
Old Feb 25th, 2021, 07:46 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
B6 (JetBlue) and AA are partnering but there may be no connection between the e-mail and your cancelled AA flight. I semi regularly get e-mail from airlines i've only flown a few times. (Not sure what 'banked' means - did you get a future travel voucher or something eles? )
Old Feb 25th, 2021, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
By "banked" I meant they didn't give me my money back. The have the money I paid sitting in a pot somewhere to be used for future travel on AA. So the question then becomes, can I use it for a JetBlue flight?
Old Feb 25th, 2021, 12:42 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but I think so far the partnership is only on flights to/through the NorthEast (Boston and NYC). Maybe ask over on Trip advisor (or maybe Gardyloo or someone else knows more of the details.). If a flight is a codeshare AA/B6 I can't see why it couldn't be booked with AA$$ on the AA website.