I am an American female and will be traveling alone to Nairobi in December, landing at 23:15.
My flight the next morning to Kilimanjaro leaves at 9 a.m. In light of last month's fire, I am wondering if it is possible and if it is SAFE to stay overnight in the Nairobi airport? Is there actually a place to sit and wait?
Also, if I do stay in the airport, will I always be in the secure area or do I need a transit visa? If my understanding is correct, I don't need any visa for my return from Zanzibar to the U.S. because I'll just be connecting through NBO, yes?
Any advice based on the current situation at the airport would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 MICROSOFT OFFICE Installation 1844~853:3131 Tec*h sup0rt care 24/7VS
- 2 Safari is set!
- 3 Car Rental in Morocco
- 4 Leishmaniasis Common? - Marrakech?
- 5 Frights to Iran from Bishkek or Tashkent
- 6 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 7 Tanzania and Kenya Trip 2018 - advise needed
- 8 Safety in Johannesburg
- 9 Morocco 10 day Itinerary
- 10 South Africa: WESTERN CAPE in spring: Need HELP getting addicted!
- 11 Qatar to Iran
- 12 Sharm el Sheikh - Anyone been recently
- 13 Lebanon Spring 2018
- 14 Sept in Dubai. what to wear
- 15 Ethiopian Tour operators
- 16 visiting Ethiopia as a single female on a low budget
- 17 Tanzanian Tour Operators
- 18 electric devices
- 19 Flying from Florida to Dubai
- 20 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 21 Victoria Falls
- 22 Morocco--rent motorcycle without license
- 23 sahara desert
- 24 Erta Ale ETHIOPIA - any updates?
- 25 STONE TOWN hotel recommendation for 1/14/18
Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?